• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Firefox Founder Interview

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Today just seems like the day for interviews, doesn’t it? First we had the Sony interview, then Linus Torvalds now we have an interview with
Firefox founder Blake Ross. Oddly enough, the interview is posted at Opera Watch, here’s a snippet:

Yes, I do think Opera would enjoy the benefits of an open-source community, such as fresh developer blood, greater testing assistance and voluntary localization. As for convincing the company to make the move…now that Opera is free, I would hope the internal debate is over why not to open source the browser. I recognize that Opera has already earned a vibrant community, but I think it could expand it even further. I don’t see what the company has to lose.
 
Blake is an amazing spokesperson. I can do nothing but respect someone who presents himself with great communication skills and an impressive vocabulary.

And although Opera excels in areas where Firefox does not and vice versa, Firefox has always been free.
 
Great Interview, glad to see that there's no friction between firefox and opera as it can only be of greater benefit to both browsers in the future.
 
Back
Top