Firefox Crashing/Other apps

Main Target

[H]ard|Gawd
So recently I upgraded to a i7 930, x25-m G2, Gigabyte x58a-udr3. I am having bizarre issues that I think may stem from the SSD (ill tell you why in a minute). And I wanted to get your opinion.

So when I first got my G2, i threw it in my laptop, loaded up windows and it flew. Installation was fast, but for some reason, firefox and thunderbird would crash ALL THE TIME. I could never really figure it out so I decided that maybe it was a better decision to put the SSD in my desktop (laptop is only SATA 150)

So anyways the problem is since this problem with firefox crashing and freezing seems to follow the SSD (my old laptop HD in with none of the above issues) have any of you had similar issues? Anyway to diagnose firefox issues, error log of sorts? Its very frustrating when completely randomly the entire window greys out and I have to end task firefox to continue working. Firefox will also freeze as I begin downloading a file.

Thanks!

Could be a newer build of Firefox or just from successive updates...lots of crap builds up in the profile. I had similar issues when upgrading to 3.6 and on. A clean install and reload of the extensions did the trick.

Just so you know, Firefox was freezing on my HDD before switching over to my SSD RAID setup where it also behaved similarly.

Hmm..Well its a fresh install of windows and firefox, and I do not have any addons to turn on or off.

Back