Firefox Crashes on Close No Matter What

Sovereign

2[H]4U
My friend's laptop has a bit of a problem. Clean install of Windows 7 Professional. Firefox 3.5.x crashes randomly on close (frequent enough to be annoying but not strictly every time). It does this when Firefox is in "Safe Mode" as well.

I've tried Safe Mode (see above), creating a new Profile and uninstalling/reinstalling (including Delete all Personal Preferences and Cache). The only thing I've kept are her bookmarks.

In order to eliminate variables, I have removed ALL extensions and add-ons but the crashes still happen. CHKDSK didn't find anything. No other programs are exhibiting odd behavior. A clean install crashes too.

Could this be something Windows 7 related? It never happened under Windows Vista. I've not seen it on any other system, though.

I think I have the same issue as you. On my parent's PC, when Firefox is closed, it'll often crash and the error-report window will pop up. However, the PC has Windows XP, not Windows 7.

Delete the profile. See if that fixes it.. Make sure to backup your bookmarks first

Back