Firefox constantly crashing since latest updates

Lumpus

Limp Gawd
Win10's new big update? Firefox??
Thought I had it fixed by manually re-dl'ing MS updates + reinstalling Firefox... but still getting sudden crashes
/running out of ideas

Hi you could try running CCleaner two remove all your junk files. Just be careful of the installer it trys to install some crappie toolbar.

Hi you could try running CCleaner two remove all your junk files. Just be careful of the installer it trys to install some crappie toolbar.

Since the whole Malware fiasco and the fact that the installer tries to trick the unsuspecting user into installing PUP's - I'd personally be avoiding snake oil CCleaner like the plague.

Last edited:
firefox is working just fine one my home system that is on the newest insider and my work laptop which is totally up to date 1909. something else is going on. start with disabling addons and then a malware scan with malwarebytes.
also, is it a specific page crashing or just everywhere?

Yeah, I would look at extensions or other add-ons. So far 74 has been stable for me but I've had my share of Firefox issues in the past.

It has to be either Malware or an AddOn as I work on a wide number of varied Windows machines using Firefox and have yet to encounter any issues. I run Firefox on my daily, but I don't run Windows - Again however, no issues under Linux.

As others have said, disable all add-ons. Other options:
1. Run in safe mode
2. As with Chrome, see if it is using hardware acceleration. If it is, try disabling it.

Back