Firefox Bookmark Exporting...

Sayth

Gawd
I have a comp that I need to get the bookmarks from Firefox but I can't boot into Windows.

Is there any place on the hard drive I can navigate to in Ultimate Boot CD 4 Win in order to find all the bookmarks without having to run Firefox and "export bookmarks"?

You should be able to go to C: Program Files>Mozilla Firefox>Defaults>Profile and copy the bookmarks file there.

I'm on Vista right now, but it should be similar for XP....

Have you tried booting into safe mode? Just a thought...

Digging through my comp (Windows XP) I found my bookmarks under Documents and Settings -> User (whatever account name you use) -> Application Data -> Mozilla -> Firefox -> Profiles -> whatever profile you used. There's an html file named "bookmarks".

Okay I will see what is in it. I did the same thing for myself on a good PC, but when I looked in the file it only listed the default bookmarks that you have when you install Firefox. Maybe if I import them it will be different. Thanks

Okay on second try you're right it did list all of my bookmarks... weird but thanks! That will help a lot. Sometimes I guess you just gotta double check... :p

Back