Firefox and saving RAR files?

AgentxofxChaos

Agent of [H] Chaos
I'm having an issue with Firefox automatically trying to open .rar archives in the browser instead of allowing me to choose to open or save. For instance, a site where I download custom levels for Motocross Madness 2, some creators choose to compress their archives using the RAR format as opposed to the ZIP format, whenver I click on the link to download the file it basically opens it as if it were doing so in notepad/wordpad or pretty much opens/loads it as a text file within the browser.. It is very annoying since the only way to download the level is to copy the hyperlink and paste it into IE then get the option to save it. I thought maybe I just accidentally allowed it to automatically open the file, but even after a fresh install it still does the same thing. Has anyone else experienced this issue, or have a workaround/fix? Is it just something I configured incorrectly somehow? If someone can shed some light on the subject, that would be great, since it is really frustrating. Thanks in advance.

distortedmind said:
right click link -> save as

but yeah my ff does that too, quite annoying

Yeah I would but the link is in the form of a button and not a hyperlink, hence my need to fix it, lol, otherwise it wouldn't be that annoying . Ok, so it isn't just my setup, that's a start i guess. There still has to be a fix though, anybody?

check what actions are assigned to rars under preferences

Back