firefox and crazy lag / (not responding)

Crankmonkey

Limp Gawd
hi there
i did a simple search and couldnt find anything related to my problem i am currently having.

just redid my whole system. moved onto a the i7 train
so my problem. when i am using firefox i get horrible amounts of lag ever since the switch. even right now as i type this post in firefox it starts to display like the first 15 characters and then i can keep typing and then 10-30 seconds later the rest of them show up.

if im looking at a wallpaper site and want to open up several different pictures from the same page into different tabs, i have to wait and make sure that they all open correctly or i risk missing one of the pictures i wanted to look at

i never had this problem on my old system. thoughts and help please. this is going to kill me as i usually have several tabs open doing several different things at once

thanks

system as as follows if this helps
850hx
rampage 3 extreme
1600 dominator ram
930 i7

Are you using the Fx 4 beta? If so did you install gpu drivers? That could be one reason.
4 has Direct2D Hardware Acceleration. If you don't have gpu drivers installed it may not know what to do so that could be causing the problem.

Just an idea off the top of my head....didn't see you mention which Fx you were using. ;) Since your issue is a visual lag one, that would be my guess.

I'd add "mobo chipset drivers" to the above list.

whops, im sorry about that
im still using 3.6.10

should i have to worry about Direct2D

PTNL
i want to say that i installed but will double check

i just did a complete uninstall and then reinstall
things appear to be fine, but i will post again if it stats acting up again

The only time I've had fox act that way was when flash crashed and froze it.

Back