Firefox 8.0.1: Disable Tab Groups?

Synomenon

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone know how to disable tab grouping in Firefox 8.0.1? Everytime I open a new tab it puts it in a new group instead of opening it next to the current tab. When I have just the main window open (no tabs) and I open a new tab, it opens up in a new group so it looks like there's no other tab / window open. Gets annoying.

Right click the "group your tabs" icon, select customize and then click "restore default settings".

Also, Chrome > Firefox :p

I see something that says "Restore Default Set", but that only restores the toolbars to the original settings.

Try this:

- Point your browser to: about:config
- In the filter box search for: browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent
- Change that setting to false

Hope this helps.

I wasn't even aware that FF had grouping. I found this on Mozilla Support.

Go to Customise Toolbar and drag group tab back onto list of toolbar icons.

Not exactly sure why that would work but it's worth a shot, I suppose.

That doesn't do anything, but add the button that opens the group of tabs.

Are you sure you don't have some add-on that is doing that? I'm trying to recall the name, but my dad had an add-on installed that forced them into groups, and wouldn't let you ungroup them.

Hmmm, doesn't do it on mine, I must have changed the setting already. Curious. =/

Right click the "group your tabs" icon, select customize and then click "restore default settings".

Also, Chrome > Firefox :p

To bad chrome doesn't have a simple pull down favorites menu like every other browser. Plus adblock in Firefox > Chrome.

Back