Firefox 4+: Gap For Tabs on Top

Ryun

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I was in a discussion another forum talking about chrome versus firefox and I got to thinking. I prefer Firefox over Chrome but there are a couple of things I can't stand about the current firefox. One of them was that, while having tabs on top frees up a lot of screen real estate, it's cumbersome when you're filled up on tabs and want to move the browser somewhere else.

Luckily, I made a fix for this awhile ago (so long that I almost forgot it wasn't apart of native firefox).

The fix involves editing (or creating) the userChrome.css file in the chrome directory under your firefox profile. So, navigate to %USERPROFILE%/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles

There should only be one folder in here, which looks like [bunchOfLettersHere].default. Go here, the go to/create the chrome directory. Inside the chrome directory open/create userChrome.css.

Then copy this code into userChrome.css:

Code:
#main-window[sizemode=maximized] #navigator-toolbox[tabsontop="true"] #TabsToolbar{

padding-top: 4px !important;

}

You can change 4px to whatever you want, but I found 4px to be the best. Save userChrome.css and restart Firefox. Then your tab bar should look like this:

gaptabsontop.jpg

Hope this helps someone.

Back