Firefox 4.0 Windows Theme Mockups

Yeah 3 little UI buttons that are the most used functions of the entire interface. It was stupid for them to change them to begin with they were fine how they were, they just changed them to make it look different, it didnt matter whether or not it was an improvement, and I have a real problem with that. And frankly just about every one of the cosmetic changes made to vista were just awful. Considering vista was nothing but cosmetic changes made it not worth switching, at best it should have been sold as a windows theme for like $10. So far Windows 7 looks to me like nothing more than vista with a slightly different quicklaunch bar and some additional resource-sapping graphical nonsense. While XP remains flawless and the only legitimate criticism you can make of it are the artificial limits placed on it purposely by microsoft (no dx10).

Okay, now I'm sure your first post was a joke, and this one is even better! You almost had me making a serious reply to this but I realized that no one in their right (educated) mind could actually type out something so stupid.

<quote>Yeah 3 little UI buttons that are the most used functions of the entire interface.</quote>
*Looks at the buttons* Hey, you're right: they are different from XP. Honestly, hadn't noticed until now :)

I removed my search bar. Google is my home page.

Okay, now I'm sure your first post was a joke, and this one is even better! You almost had me making a serious reply to this but I realized that no one in their right (educated) mind could actually type out something so stupid.

It's true though, i'd even say that XP is too bloated. windows 3.1 is where it's at, it runs fine on my 640k of ram, i'll never need more at this rate. i really only run windows 7 to take fancy screenshots.

why i use firefox: tabs work the best, easy to use... quick for work (i have tons of shit open)

this looks like a step backwards but its just a skin... its a minimalist approach but thats not why i choose firefox.

I completely agree with you here. I think its quite fine as it is. Though if they want new themes/skins they could add those, and people could change if they want, but the default should remain.

I don't care what the boarders of the app look like. I just want an app that works and doesn't crash.

I don't understand why you folks dig the old look so much. The "old" look is the same one we've been using since Windows 95... Sure makes it seem dated, that's for sure. A fresh look is always a good thing.

But alas, some people hate change.

I don't understand why you folks dig the old look so much. The "old" look is the same one we've been using since Windows 95... Sure makes it seem dated, that's for sure. A fresh look is always a good thing.

I think the few people who don't like the new look are just coming out of the nooks and crannies. There have been a large number of complaints about the default 3.0 and 3.5 themes, which is why Mozilla is doing this.

Yeah 3 little UI buttons that are the most used functions of the entire interface. It was stupid for them to change them to begin with they were fine how they were, they just changed them to make it look different, it didnt matter whether or not it was an improvement, and I have a real problem with that. And frankly just about every one of the cosmetic changes made to vista were just awful. Considering vista was nothing but cosmetic changes made it not worth switching, at best it should have been sold as a windows theme for like $10. So far Windows 7 looks to me like nothing more than vista with a slightly different quicklaunch bar and some additional resource-sapping graphical nonsense. While XP remains flawless and the only legitimate criticism you can make of it are the artificial limits placed on it purposely by microsoft (no dx10).

Oh wow, you run into some interesting characters on the News subforum; that's for sure.

Oh wow, you run into some interesting characters on the News subforum; that's for sure.

I know, that's the CLASSIC definition of a troll, by the book.

Either purposefully trying to start something up or truly has no idea. Not sure which.

If they get rid of the drop down for the most viewed sites I'll get rid of FireFox. The only reason I use it is because it has that and is fast. Without the drop down I may as well use Safari or Chrome.

I'm looking forward to this. I hardly ever use the top menu anyway. Everything I need, I simply use shortcut keys.

As long as it loads web pages it does the same thing that IE does, and that's all that's important right? Everyone has their own ticks as to what they like and that's why there are plenty of skins for FF.. but essentially if it didn't load up web pages, it's useless :p

The look was sufficiently different between 95/98 and XP, in a mostly positive way. The new start menu sucked but at least it was easy to change back to classic, same for search which by the way is just god awful in vista. Speaking specifically of the min/max/close buttons, all they did with vista was make them smaller and made the close button more rectangular, which only made it harder to hit for someone who expects to get around in the UI very quickly. It was a style change for the sake of a change and not a functional change. Everyone who bought vista is a sucker of the highest degree. It did not do a single thing better than XP, but certainly introduced plenty of new annoyances at a high cost.

The look was sufficiently different between 95/98 and XP, in a mostly positive way. The new start menu sucked but at least it was easy to change back to classic, same for search which by the way is just god awful in vista. Speaking specifically of the min/max/close buttons, all they did with vista was make them smaller and made the close button more rectangular, which only made it harder to hit for someone who expects to get around in the UI very quickly. It was a style change for the sake of a change and not a functional change. Everyone who bought vista is a sucker of the highest degree. It did not do a single thing better than XP, but certainly introduced plenty of new annoyances at a high cost.

258Troll_spray.jpg

Back