Firefox 3 Download Day....

StillFunkyB

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, so I thought today was download day?!?!?

Still don't see where I am supposed to download it at....

Am I just that dumb/blind?

I'm excited too, but it reminded me of this comic:

perspective.png

Looks like its already up on their FTP. So far its been pretty snappy and a couple minor tweaks feel really nice (like putting the "Want to save this password?" box at the top rather than a popup box).

Firefox 3.0 comes preinstalled with the latest download of Ubuntu. I downloaded it and installed it last week on one of my computers and I was surprised to see Firefox 3.0 Final on it. Works pretty well, although there's not a whole lot of plug-in support for it yet. Hopefully that'll change soon.

Firefox 3.0 comes preinstalled with the latest download of Ubuntu. I downloaded it and installed it last week on one of my computers and I was surprised to see Firefox 3.0 Final on it. Works pretty well, although there's not a whole lot of plug-in support for it yet. Hopefully that'll change soon.

AFAIK ubuntu has a "special" version of FF while it may say its the final final version of FF 3 its pretty old.

I remember there being some criticism that they included the beta with the distro.

Maybe they should have beefed up their servers/bandwidth a bit for this....:rolleyes:

11 minutes and now that I finally got the page loaded, it gives me a link for 2.0.0.14. They need to update the main page.

-_-

Yeah. What's the record for the fewest downloads in 24 hours? :D

haha or they could set the record for the most timeout errors in 24 hours. i remember this happened to amazon that christmas when they were selling 1000 xbox's at $150 all at a certain time.

dang, i can't get firefox to view some pages for some reason. something about "this site does not suppply ID info". How do I bypass this?

man that was a super fast download and install. looks pretty good so far

so.. why did it erase everything that was on my address bar, and replace it with bookmarks and individual websites that i clicked on links to? please tell me you can change this

so.. why did it erase everything that was on my address bar, and replace it with bookmarks and individual websites that i clicked on links to? please tell me you can change this

It's called the Awesome Bar. You will soon love it. All of your history is still there, but now you can just type in the website name or address and it will search through your history/bookmarks/whatever and give you the best result.

It's called the Awesome Bar. You will soon love it. All of your history is still there, but now you can just type in the website name or address and it will search through your history/bookmarks/whatever and give you the best result.

i don't care to have bookmarks and history displayed on my address bar. is there any way to revert back to the old address bar?

Back