• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Firefox 3.6 and W7

Artek

n00b
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
20
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that when you mouse over the Firefox icon on the W7 taskbar, you are supposed to see thumbnail previews of multiple open tabs. Am I doing something wrong?
 
I seem to remember it working in the first beta. Maybe they scrapped it.
 
It worked right off the bat for me, but I'm disappointed with Firefox 3.6's persona support. I just upgraded today. It seems to me that I can only put the personas on top of the default Strata theme. This is disappointing because I love the stratini padded theme. In Firefox 3.5 I used to be able to use the personas on top of any theme, now it's only on top of the default. Any one else disappointed? I tried installing the persona plus add-on, but the same thing happened.

UPDATE: I found a workaround to get the personas to work on top of other themes in FF 3.6. You can find it here.
 
Last edited:
This used to work in earlier versions of the beta. I think in 3.6 beta 4, they removed it for some reason with no explanation.

Anyways, I think Mozilla is now going to start doing the right thing with Firefox. They are consolidating and not going to be working on as many versions at once, focusing on more incremental updates of existing versions. There was zero need for 3.0, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, and 4.0 being worked on at the same damn time.

I feel an older version that received occasional security updates (3.5), the current version which got a large portion of work (3.6) and people working on the future version (4.0) is appropriate. There's no need to spread out the team more thin than that. Firefox is great for it's features but it's still clunky/unoptimized at times compared to IE or Opera. They need to feature just ac couple versions and get them working really well.
 
Back
Top