Firefox 3.0 Doesn't Like my DIR-655

GushpinBob

2[H]4U
I'm having a strange issue when logging into the web interface on my Dlink DIR-655 using Firefox 3.0. After I enter my password, nothing happens for a few seconds and then I get an error saying how I "cannot connect at this time." I've looked in the error console and I see that this shows up:

Error: Permission denied to get property Element.nodeName
Source File: http://192.168.1.1/xml_data.js
Line: 133
Apparently, I'm not the only one with the same problem:
http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=ro&forumId=1&comments_parentId=80128

Anybody know of a way to fix this issue without switching browsers or reverting back to 2.0? Even though I'm now using IE7 from one of my machines to access my DIR-655 for the time being I personally don't like to use IE at all.

TIA

Weird, I have a DIR-655 Version 1 and FF3 works fine. My DIR-655 is on Firmware V 1.11, not sure if it matters but that's the only thing that I can think of.

Install the IEtab extension to firefox.

It allows you to open defined hosts in a new tab which uses the internet explorer engine. When i used to need to use outlook web access this extension saved my life.

Sadly it isnt there for linux however.

1.11 Firmware already installed. Tried power-cycling. Already have IETab (weird, didn't think about that one).

Sucks for two computers that use Linux exclusively. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with the problem until 3.1. Really weird that Firefox will choke on the DIR's web login considering version 2,0 got along with it just fine.

Thats very off that so many people are experiencing this problem. My DIR-655 with firmware 1.11 gets along with FF3 just fine.

UPDATE:

Okay, I finally got around to using my laptop with Vista Business installed and it can log in just fine using firefox 3.0. Same thing with my Slackware Linux home server.

However my main computer is running XP Pro SP2. I wonder if that's the problem? BTW Oline, what OS are you using with Firefox?

SOLVED!

It turns out that I have an offending add-on that, whenever enabled, prevents me from logging into the router. The add-on is DownloadHelper version 3.1 (funny; it got along fine enabled in Firefox 2.0). Thanks for all of your suggestions! :)

Glad you figured it out.

For the record I'm using FF3 on XP SP2 and on XP SP3

Back