Firefox 1.7 instability

CleanSlate

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been having alot of instability problems since I updated from 1.6. Has anyone else had it crash when trying to load web pages for no appearant reason?

~Adam

Not yet for me. I installed 1.7 on 3 PCs' here and all are surfing with no issues.

CleanSlate said:
I've been having alot of instability problems since I updated from 1.6. Has anyone else had it crash when trying to load web pages for no appearant reason?

~Adam

Mine is only loading web pages that I tell it too.

jpmkm said:
1.7? Did I miss a version bump somewhere?

Perhaps, my version says 1.7.1, it came out like less than a week ago.

And thanks for the responses guys.

~Adam

Sounds like Mozilla Suite, not Firefox. Firefox 1.0.7, 1.5 Beta, or the latest trunk which I think is 1.6(?) should be the only ones out. There is no Firefox 1.7.1 out that I know of.

I just tried this on Windows XP Pro SP2 and noticed it did crash on my more than once. Very disturbing...

CleanSlate said:
Perhaps, my version says 1.7.1, it came out like less than a week ago.

And thanks for the responses guys.

~Adam
That's mozilla. Latest firefox trunk is 1.6a I believe. And I hope you are running 1.7.12, not 1.7.1. :)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

Is what it said and I only saw the 1.7.12 part... I have my text size increased through windows because I am always in 16x12 res... it's hard to see in 96DPI so I increase it to 120DPI and it messes with what I can see some times.. my fault. It is 1.0.7

~Adam

Windows XP SP2 with all critical updates here, and Firefox 1.07 works absolutely perfectly with it in every regard.

1.0.7 is working on both Win XP machines at home, and this one at work.

Tried taking off some plug-ins if any and/or reinstalling?

I've noticed that mine "flickers" images while the page is loading, but once everything loads it has been stable.

Have you tried opening firefox in Firefox Safe Mode? If you open it this way, and it works, then the problem is with one of your extensions or themes. Then it's just process of elimination to figure out which one is troublesome. Looking around the forums, it seems that most Firefox stability problems are related to extensions and themes. People upgrading to 1.0.7 are having problems with extensions that never gave them trouble before.

mine keeps having that red arrow saying i need to update when i already have the latest version.

Did you click on it?

Mine was the same way until I clicked on it....it checked....then it went away.

Tiny said:
Did you click on it?

Mine was the same way until I clicked on it....it checked....then it went away.

yea i click it everytime i start up my computer again. it disappears untill i restart and comes back.

FF 1.0.7 flawless here :D

edit: actually loads way faster and eats less ram than any other previous build

oldmx

Now that you mention it I have had some stability issues but I think I was having similar issues with version 1.0.6 too...

Sometimes i'll load up certain webpages and the browser will just close (as if I hit alt+f4 or clicked the x). It's a little bit of an annoyance but it only does it on a couple sites that i've been to.

1.07 is all sorts of fucked up on my pc. It crashed a half dozen times one day so I went back to 1.06 and I no longer have this problem.

I didn't do a clean install of 1.7 (I usually do a clean install but not this time) but so far I haven't had any issues with it except for all my extensions not working right away. I had to disable them all and re-enable them to get them to work.

Other then that it's been clear sailing.

It actually causes my mindows to mess up.

I opened up my computer window and went into control center and explorer.exe froze and died on me, 4 times. I closed firefox and gg, it opened with no problems.

~Adam

I've also been having a lot of problems with 1.0.7.

The browser will hang when loading several different pages, such as CNN, Sportsline, ESPN, and a couple of message board, where IE will load them without fail.

I've started FF in safe mode and the issue persisted, and even stripped out any extensions I've installed since the upgrade, not that it should have mattered after starting safe.

I've run cleans with Spybot, AdAware, SpySweeper, and emptied stores with CCleaner. What's left to try?

If I wanted to go back to 1.0.6, where would I get that EXE? Additionally, was that version touted as having several dangerous security holes?

All the old builds are still up on mozilla's ftp site.

I have had some issues but tracked them down to the extensions that I was using. On my system I cant use adblock and flashblock at the same time.

well Ive had no issues with 1.0.7

with the following extentions:
Flashgot
Noscript
Image Zoom
Google Toolbar for Firefox

Zone Alarm ad block was the culprit.

Now I can reinstall Adblock and Flashblock to kill that annoying John Cina ad on sportsline.com! Thanks guys!

Back