Firefox 1.5.0.5 Question/Issue

Major_A

[H]ard|Gawd
After I had some problems installing the update I just uninstalled and manually reinstalled it. One reason I thought I had a "problem" was because I always had two instances of Firefox running in the task manager. After I get it all set back up I still have a Firefox instance running when it's not open. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't care that it's running in the background but I would like to know what it is doing. I scanned through the Services menu in Computer Management but I saw no mention of Mozilla/Firefox.

Hmmm. I did the update, but I don't have an instance of Firefox running after I close the program. :confused: Even when I do have it open I only have one instance running.

Upgrade went flawless here, maybe you need to remove ff extensions, uninstall firefox and reinstall it clean, then add extensions again

oldmx

I did that twice. I thought it might be Fasterfox somehow caching Firefox to start up faster but it wasn't. I have no idea what's going on, I doubt it's OS rot since I formatted less than a month ago. I guess I'll just chalk it up to some unknown issue.

Back