Firefox 1.0 updater now can update to Firefox 1.0.1

Hey there...I JUST got a Firefox message saying that there is an update for Firefox 1.0.1...looks like they fixed something so the 1.0 updater can recognise and update Firefox to 1.0.1...GREAT JOB Mozilla Firefox team...now I don't have to pick my lazy ass fingers up to make a few clicks and uninstall (or install over) Firefox 1.0 and get Firefox 1.0.1!!!
Hip Hip HOORAY!!!!!!

:cool:

Nothing was "fixed," because nothing was broken to begin with.

Yuh huh...ppl ever since 1.0.1 came out, ppl were wondering why 1.0's built-in updater wasn't wanting to update to 1.0.1...1.0.1 wouldn't show up as an update...now it does...SOMETHING got fixed...

Tiny said:
clears throat.

Smirks.

Laugh as I walk away.
;)

Hi there. Thanks for misunderstanding me. I was referring to the staggered delivery of 1.0.1 over Firefox's autoupdate not being broken, as Metallica_Band had called it, as opposed to the bugfixes and security updates contained in 1.0.1.

Terpfen said:
Hi there. Thanks for misunderstanding me. I was referring to the staggered delivery of 1.0.1 over Firefox's autoupdate not being broken, as Metallica_Band had called it, as opposed to the bugfixes and security updates contained in 1.0.1.

Laughs even harder.

They delayed the updater upgrade ability for the sake of saving bandwidth, but then when they did try to enable it, there was a problem in the windows version.

/\/\/\/\/\

Came and then went, laughing the entire time...seeing as my work had been done for me.
:D
Terpfen said:
Pst.

Thank you, Tiny. Come again.

Well, if you consider "your work" to be getting disproven, sure, it's been done for you. :rolleyes:

Terpfen said:
Well, if you consider "your work" to be getting disproven, sure, it's been done for you. :rolleyes:

"diproven[sic]"? Prove it.

*still laughing*

Firefox has been buggier then a buggy wtf :confused: anyways firefox has been tweaking a lil' bitty for me

Hey guys just thought I'd give you a tip incase this update disables all your extensions like it did to me. Just go through your extension list, disable all your extensions (right click on each one and select "Disable"), restart firefox, enable them all again, and then they'll work.

updated using the builtin function, did anyone else get a firefox setup 1.01.exe saved to their desktop? very strange it didnt go to a temp directory

Paully's5.0 said:
Apparently you haven't tried to open pdf files with firefox.

I don't know what's up, but recently firefox has been getting popups too :eek: :eek:

just noticed i have 2 copies of firefox now in my installed programs, 1.0 and 1.1
has anyone been able to remove version 1 without losing settings and such?

Back