'Firefox 1.0 feels faster' thread

faster to what ? Load? Render the webpage? transfer the data?! Explain
Cause for load time, ie is hard to beat... (the fact that it loads with windows helps alot)
for rendering , maybe, i dont know, been using it for too long to notice anything

*I WANT RSS [H]!!! PLEASE*

It seems to render and transfer faster here. It still loads slow on my rig, but that doesn't bother me.

The real rendering test would be for someone to haul up the Babe Thread and see what happens when it hits a hundred megs of jpegs all at once.

At least for Gen May subscribers, anyway.

The principle could be applied elsewhere, too.

its loads much faster for me, and when multiple tabs are open my system is less slugish. overall a 10stars now =)

I will use this, but IE will still be my primary browser....

It feels somewhat faster to me as well.

I only use MS Internet Exploiter for Windows Update, heh.

Page load times deffinitely feel faster, and I was using an optimized build before. Now to see if some of the little issues have been fixed....seems like with every new release they fix a lot of stuff and make a good number of improvements.

IE gets updated like that once in a blue moon.

I see no difference either. IE still starts up a lot faster and remains my default browser.

Don't forget about less adware/spyware when using it... This alone will make things run faster in the long run.

Schadenfroh said:
if you think its fast now, try this speed patch.

I'm assuming that's a patch to increase number of maximum concurrent connections and to optimize MTU values. That's not really unique to firefox, IE users can change those settings as well. Firefox is faster at rendering pages. Moox versions that have hardware optimized code render even faster :)

Wasn't there a thread on how to "overclock" Firefox? It was just changing a couple values in the settings. I'm guessing the patch probably accomplishes that.

Back