"FireFall" Out of Beta! Early Access 7/15 and Open/Steam release 7/29!

Wow, the Firefall website shows I have had my account for almost 3 years :eek:

I have been having fun playing the last few days - does anyone have a good group/Army going? Should we create a [H] Army?

I played with a guy a couple of days ago.. I know there are a lot of armies so why is this significant? but why are any significant right? Anyway he was wearing a lot of purple lvl 40 stuff and was running through BWA over and over with us and said some things about what he wanted to do with his army that sounded good to me
http://ridgebeam1.wix.com/potentialenergy

You can search for "potential" in the army panel and find them. His name is Ridgebeam. The army only has 21 members but he said, a few days ago, that only 5 or so were active but he anticipated a lot coming back for release. I applied for it, I'm not part of the army yet and I'm sure there are others, or whatever but no one else I've interacted with has been actively recruiting and nice about their army being interested in getting new people in.

As of today, FireFall is completely free to play! Download on Steam or manually if you prefer!

Today is the last day however to get one of the Starter or Deluxe Launch Packs with the "Little Claw" pet included. If you purchase after this time both Launch packs will be available, but they just won't unlock the "Little Claw" bonus pet. Here is what a Red5 rep said on the forums about the exact timing...

"
Amendment to the above:
As JB said, if you purchase a launch pack through our own website, you will get the Little Claw if your purchase is completed before 5:00 PM PDT on July 29th.

If you purchase a launch pack through steam, you must also log in to the game before 5:00 PM PDT. This is due to a technical limitation. Transactions made through Steam require that you log in to the game before they link up with our servers and share information about your purchase."

So hurry up if you're interested in making a purchase!

Edit: For those who are interested in trying out the game, please let us veterans know! FireFall just reopened their Invite a Friend program! All I need is your email address (sent by PM if you wish), and I can invite you. The first time a friend is successfully recruited, it unlocks a new in-game cosmetic item. However, both recruiters and recruits both are granted 10 additional Red Beans the first time the recruit buys a Red Bean package of any size!

Last edited:
As of today, FireFall is completely free to play! Download on Steam or manually if you prefer!

Today is the last day however to get one of the Starter or Deluxe Launch Packs with the "Little Claw" pet included. If you purchase after this time both Launch packs will be available, but they just won't unlock the "Little Claw" bonus pet. Here is what a Red5 rep said on the forums about the exact timing...

"
Amendment to the above:
As JB said, if you purchase a launch pack through our own website, you will get the Little Claw if your purchase is completed before 5:00 PM PDT on July 29th.

If you purchase a launch pack through steam, you must also log in to the game before 5:00 PM PDT. This is due to a technical limitation. Transactions made through Steam require that you log in to the game before they link up with our servers and share information about your purchase."

So hurry up if you're interested in making a purchase!

Edit: For those who are interested in trying out the game, please let us veterans know! FireFall just reopened their Invite a Friend program! All I need is your email address (sent by PM if you wish), and I can invite you. The first time a friend is successfully recruited, it unlocks a new in-game cosmetic item. However, both recruiters and recruits both are granted 10 additional Red Beans the first time the recruit buys a Red Bean package of any size!

blah blah blah, don't buy shit until you know you like it and want to play it - especially for something free to play

Loaded it up, ran through the opening tutorial/simulation. Finished that up, landed in the first real zone, walked off the ship, game crashed. It was heating up my laptop something fierce, so I didn't bother logging back in.

Seemed ok for a F2P, I'll probably put a little more time in later, see how the classes work out and if the group dynamics are fun.

Back