• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Finished WUs vanishing into the void?

Elledan

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2010
Joined
Oct 18, 2001
Messages
15,913
According to Stanford's own site and pages like these I haven't uploaded any new WUs since early yesterday:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=45650

What the hell is going on here? I know for a fact that the clients I have running have finished many WUs since that last 1,888 pointer yesterday, but where are they? Is it normal that statistics aren't updated for a period of 24 hours or more?
 
Stanford stats servers are down.
So your work is being recorded on the work server but just not being shown on the stats server.
When the stats server comes back online, you'll get a nice spike in your PpD after this dip.

Luck ......... :D
 
Stanford stats servers are down.
So your work is being recorded on the work server but just not being shown on the stats server.
When the stats server comes back online, you'll get a nice spike in your PpD after this dip.

Luck ......... :D

I hope they are installing the new stat server :)
 
Okay, thanks guys :) I guess it kind of caught me by surprise :p
 
Yeah, I was wondering the same since I'm missing at least 25k points right now. But once I saw no one else was getting updated, I calmed down :).
 
yeah mine were down too..... oh well..... be a nice 3K PPD spike on mine for a day.
 
Looks like 9 updates with nada and now I have my usual average points for two updates in a row.

No spike from the missing 9 updates. Maybe that will come later. Maybe.:rolleyes:
 
Its not like before,

these they will have to re-enter manually.
 
From Stanford ...........
There was a problem with the stats server over the night. We got to it first thing in the morning (around 6:30am pacific time), but it looks like a few stats updates were missed. The missed data is backed up on another machine and we can re-enter it. However, we typically take a couple of days to re-enter it, to make sure it is done right.

So, the bottom line is that the stats system is back up, will we recredit some missing WUs not credited over the night, but this will take a couple of days to complete. Sorry for the delay on the recredit, but it's good to make sure we do it right, rather than in a rush.

So it may take a day or three to get a full update.

Luck ............... :D
 
At least we won't have been folding for 'nothing' :)

The stats still show the same for Wednesday (1 WU) and a few more for yesterday (6 WUs, 1/3rd of normal PPD output). I guess I'll have to see what it reports today if it's really fixed :)
 
I got 8K yesterday when everything uploaded..... kinda nice! :)
 
Still waiting on my lost WUs to make it back :(
 
It's doing the same for me as well, getting around 2.5k ppd instead of 8k+ per day.

Hopefully their servers will be up and running again soon!




Elledan! You've appeared on my radar! rawr
 
Last edited:
my 8800gt got a bunch of EUE error messages when this happened, I might get some WU pts back but my hopes are low as they might not have even finished. Ah could be a bad work unit or my card is overheating. my heat problem just fixed yesterday so I'm not holding my breath for any lingering points i'm missing, oh well.

 
Back
Top