Finished New WC Setup. Having a Problem

vudoo

Limp Gawd
I tried to power it on, and I get a long beep. The screen says that I did not plug in the power cable for the graphics card. I checked it and its on. I unplug it and reattached it. Power it back up and still having the same problem. I have a temp probe for the GPU, so I thought that might cause the block to not seat properly. I took it out and reseat the block and still the same thing. I'm out of idea. Anyone got a clue? This is on a IC7 Max3, x800 Pro, and Twinplex Pro GPU.

Could the bottom of the block be touching the resistors around the GPU die and cause this problem?

Try a different power connector? Try putting the stock hsf back on? Or, could it be because of the built in hsf not being plugged in (error is incorrect?)?

I put the stock HSF on and still get the same problem. I took the card out and put it in another computer and get the same messege. Is my card dead? :(

Very possibly. Had the thing been running before you started WCing it? Or did you alter it out of the box? It might never have been working properly :confused:

I bet water got on it... did you have any leaks... it is possible that the CPU barbs leaded right on to the card and shorted it out. I dont know but i happened to me. I RMAed the card to XFX and got a new one... :) I did leak test it and then when installing it then I bent the tubes on the worm camp and they cut the tube...... check for burnt caps or things on the PCB....

Sorry it doesnt work.

Nope. I did a leak test before putting the card in. I don't know what happened, but I've given up trying to fix it. I just got a refurbed 9800pro. =/

I think you just got unlucky and got a bad video card. :( However, you may have shorted the card or bent the card. Did you use plastic washers with metal screws and nuts or just plastic fasteners? How tight did you tighten the screws?

Might be the PSU. What brand, wattage, amps, etc is it? Also, try it out with one of those 2-molex-to-6-pin adaptors.

Back