• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Finished my first WU but something is wrong

Frank_Fuster

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
272
Hello. I just finished my first WU in FAH but now it's just hanging at "Attempting to get work pallet". My server is 171.65.103.158 and it seems to be up and running. Also I checked my user statistics and it says I havent even completed a WU yet. WTF is going on?

My firewall is disabled and the windows SP2 firewall is off too.
 
Tibu971.8L said:
Hello. I just finished my first WU in FAH but now it's just hanging at "Attempting to get work pallet". My server is 171.65.103.158 and it seems to be up and running. Also I checked my user statistics and it says I havent even completed a WU yet. WTF is going on?

My firewall is disabled and the windows SP2 firewall is off too.

Relax!
No worries. It will take a little bit (up to 3 days) before you stats post at Stanford, a little longer on stats web sites.
As for the attempting to get work packet....how long has it been trying?

 
I almost forgot........Welcome!
Glade to have you on our side! :D
Stats usually take a few hours to post.
If you have any more trouble......feel free to ask :)
Glad you are here.

 
Weird for some reason, it started working after I rebooted :confused:

Also before I rebooted I enabled this option about allow downloads of large WU of 8mb or somthing and I noticed its now working on a different core called GROMACS? I thought it was using one called TINKER before?

Which one is better? Did I just screw something up?
 
SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST*

Um also, is there a way to run TWO GUI so that it uses the P4's Hyperthreading so it has 100% of the proc available? I am currently searching for it on google but thoguth I'd ask here too.
 
Tibu971.8L said:
Weird for some reason, it started working after I rebooted :confused:

Also before I rebooted I enabled this option about allow downloads of large WU of 8mb or somthing and I noticed its now working on a different core called GROMACS? I thought it was using one called TINKER before?

Which one is better? Did I just screw something up?

Everything is good!
When I set a box folding for the first time it usually gets a Tinker. After that it is hard to say what you will get. ;)
There are 3 types of cores...Tinker- folds well on IBM type rigs(not well on macs), Gromac- runs well on IBM even better on Macs, and Amber- does well on IBM and Macs.
What version of F@H are you running? Console or Graphical?

 
I am running the graphical version. Also I noticed that the WU si comprised of 2000 frames now?? :eek:

Damn, I'll never get this WU done lol
 
Tibu971.8L said:
I am running the graphical version. Also I noticed that the WU si comprised of 2000 frames now?? :eek:

Damn, I'll never get this WU done lol

Actually that is a good thing! The fact it is telling you there are that many (steps I think) tells me that SSE is running on your box, which makes a huge difference in the time it takes to complete a WU.
Also try out this program to moniter your rig.
It is called EMIII, great little program. There is , as luck would have a team skin for this program as well :D under team skins!
Good Luck

 
What about running multiple GUI's? Do I do that with EMI? I cant seem to get EMI to work with the graphical version...
 
Tibu971.8L said:
SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST*

Um also, is there a way to run TWO GUI so that it uses the P4's Hyperthreading so it has 100% of the proc available? I am currently searching for it on google but thoguth I'd ask here too.
you can, but stanford prefers it if you don't. although it is slightly faster for you, it is slower turnaround for them, and they want fast turnaround. they only recommend running two clients on a true dual cpu machine.

and come to think of it, i think you need to be using the console version to run two clients anyways.
 
Back
Top