fingerprints

i3lacKnyte

Limp Gawd
hey guys, just a quick question. i just built my new athlon64 rig inside a lian li pc65b and the end result is that it is littered with fingerprints. i was just wondering what is safe to use on cleaning the anondized aluminum that wont be too abrasive scratching the metal or the paint job? will a paper towel and windex do the trick? i lost the manual so im not sure if there was a cleaning section in there (just because i lost the manual doesnt mean i downloaded my case off the internet illegally!) :D

on a side not, after working inside computers for proabbly the last ten years of my life, this is the most comfortable case i have ever worked inside of. if your someone who is constantly ripping apart your machine for some reason, this is the case for you.

I got the same case, and I have a can of some kind of Alcohol (I think it's cetone, not sure) It's safe to use on Vinyl based paint and any other kinda paint for that matter. The counter guy at a local auto paint store gave it to me when I bought a couple cans to paint a computer case. It's in an unmarked pint can. Wish I could tell you more, but you might wanna check an auto paint store.

yeah, he could use Windex, but it wouldn't be the [H]ard way of removing fingerprints.

DRJ1014 said:
u know those really soft yellow cloths used to buff cars? use one of those and it gets rid of them.
I think the word you're looking for is chamee / shamee

Go to HD or Lowes and get yourself a quart of denatured alcohal for $3.

Put it on a terry cloth or an old, soft t-shirt and wipe it down with that. It leaves behind NO residue and takes shit off like no other. It'll last you a long time too.
Its molecular structure allows it to fit in between the grain in the metal that you can't even see with the eye, cleaning it like a mofo.

It doesn't get much [H]arder than something that causes blindness when consumed.

dargon said:
I think the word you're looking for is chamee / shamee
ya thats it. i gotta think back to my "Super Trooper" days

a microfiber cloth works well too (such as used by photographers and people with glasses to clean their lenses)

I think it's spelled Chamois. The real ones are the hide of some goat like animal called a Chamois.

edit; doh EGGO beat me.

emorphien said:
a microfiber cloth works well too (such as used by photographers and people with glasses to clean their lenses)
ya that link i provided is the cloths for the lenses

One little thing you may be interested in. Alcohol can instanty crack acrylic (Window) so be careful. I have a 65b also and use alcohol, but Im careful.

well i didnt think this would have sparked this many replies, im glad. thanks guys! when my computer is finished (graphics card out for rma) i will try what a lot of you have suggested on less noticeable areas first to see what works best then do the rest of the case. the case really looks better in person than in pictures, and it will probably be with me as long as the atx format still lives on so i plan on maintaining it.

Back