Finding ports to upload torrents on behind uni switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

chomsky

Limp Gawd
Greetings,
I used to have some real great upload speeds and connectivity through my uni provided internet, but it's being handled by another company now and it's essentially impossible for anyone to find me. Essentially I'm "not clever" by Oink's old standards. I know how to fix these problems when it's my own router, but is there some software or command that would test all of my ports and tell me if there's one that's not being clogged by the uni's router? I've seen sites that will test a port in that manner, but only one at a time. Obviously I'm not going to sit around and try them all, is there an automated solution for this?
Cheers

They will have blocked the ports for security reasons.
You can ask them to open a port for you but I doubt they will be happy with the target use.
Sorry to not go any further but I cant assist you in circumventing the policies of the new network operator.

get your own connection, you go to school to learn, not break the law (most likely) or provide great locations for other to grab (possibly legal. but not likely) files from you.

You stated it was a "uni provided internet". So ask the sys admin there how to do what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back