• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Find me my dream case ^^

SanchoMB

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
68
Right, here's the deal, i want to get a new case but christ its damn hard to find the 'right' one. This is where you [H] mofos come in :D
What i need is a very lightweight case because i travel with my pc alot on the train when i go to see my dad, but its also gotta be black or charcoal grey-ish because thats my theam :p I want it to have a window too and im gonna frost some shiznit onto it just to make it a little bit individual. I cant be arsed to cut my own window coz im a lazy biatch (also why im asking you :p ) I dont mind paying abit of cash as long as its decent, could probably go to about £100-120, which i guess is about $200. Anyway, thanks in advance ^^
 
Since I've just been through the same thing, I reckoned that either the Coolermeister Praetorian or the Lian-Li PC65 would do the job, both of which can be had in black anodised aluminium finish which seems to fit in with your colour requirements and both have the window panel (optional on the Prætorian I think). Personally I ended up with the Silverstone TJ03 (thanks to some of the chaps here for the suggestion!), which although it broke my similar budget and size requirements, I needed the extra space for an extended ATX motherboard.
 
Lanboy maybe. It's light as hell, has a premod window comes with a carrying case deal. I know a few guys that go to LANs a lot and have them mainly because of how easy they are to lug around. Only prob is their silver, have an ugly grill on the front. You could paint it black and mod the grill though. Just a suggestion.
 
I'll sell you my black Aspire x-alien aluminum case if you like the style of it. Comes with a window and mobo tray and whatnot, awesome condition too. pm if you're interested. You can't go wrong with lian li or CM if that's what you're looking for.
 
Have to admit that Chenbro is one sweet case, im gonna look out for it when it arrives here. Mmmm, gotta sink my teeth into some lighting now, white/UV theme methinks :D
 
Yeah, that case is the shit.. But I dont like it becuse it has the 120 mm fan in the back.. I like the dual 80's instead of 1 huge ass fan.. Also I dont like the insides of it.. If only it has the inside of like a old old style coolermaster case, hell.. I wouldnt be posting this. But it doesent. So I am. Nice case though, all alu is nice. Another thing, if your taking it on a train.. You better beware of the new law that came into affect on Amtrak. It states that you can only carry on 2 pieces of lug on a train. So im guessing your case would be 1 thing and clothes for the rest? doesent leave much room for keyboard, mouse, headphones and that crap.



Thats my $0.02
 
Location: England
as in United Kingdom, Great Britain, whatever the hell else you wanna call us, we dont have that crappy law :p I only take my mouse anyway atm becuase my dad has all the rest of the stuff, just his mouse is really shit for fps.
 
That Chenbro case is AWSOME.. I like the rear 120mm fan more than duel 80mm. It's lighter, cheaper to fill, and more quiet. Depending on the fan can also provide as much or more airflow. I soo wanna find some place selling them... Anyone know someone selling them yet?
 
Brantoc said:
That Chenbro case is AWSOME.. I like the rear 120mm fan more than duel 80mm. It's lighter, cheaper to fill, and more quiet. Depending on the fan can also provide as much or more airflow. I soo wanna find some place selling them... Anyone know someone selling them yet?

Good luck finding them. Chenbro has been hyping the case since June and said it was going to be available in September, then October, then... Well, they are no longer telling people exactly when the cases will come out.
 
cbh said:
Since I've just been through the same thing, I reckoned that either the Coolermeister Praetorian or the Lian-Li PC65 would do the job, both of which can be had in black anodised aluminium finish which seems to fit in with your colour requirements and both have the window panel (optional on the Prætorian I think). Personally I ended up with the Silverstone TJ03 (thanks to some of the chaps here for the suggestion!), which although it broke my similar budget and size requirements, I needed the extra space for an extended ATX motherboard.

yea I really like the Silverstone Cases. They are nice but expensive.
 
Yeah i really like the temjin, but it doesnt have a window, or exposed drives, which i like. The styling however is probably the best you can get.
 
Brucee said:
yea I really like the Silverstone Cases. They are nice but expensive.

It'll be interesting to see if in time they really do become "the next Coolermaster".


SanchoMB said:
Yeah i really like the temjin, but it doesnt have a window, or exposed drives, which i like. The styling however is probably the best you can get.

You can get windowed panels for it from Silverstone, although that will of course bump its price up even further. I'm admittedly still slightly undecided about its styling but that seems to place me in a definite minority, especially of people who own one!
 
tonyou said:
Good luck finding them. Chenbro has been hyping the case since June and said it was going to be available in September, then October, then... Well, they are no longer telling people exactly when the cases will come out.

Yeah, it's been a long time coming. But production has begun. They gave away the first production cases at a lan party recently. So I'd bet in a month or so they will be out at places like newegg.
 
Just looking around and on www.scan.co.uk and the Chenbro case is priced at £160 :eek: Thats like $300, of course it wont be $300 in the US becuase of all the tax we have over here probably $200-50.
 
All of you shut up!

Get the Lian-Li V-1000B and be done with it.

Whatever you do, DON'T GET THE COOLERMASTER PRAETORIAN!
It sucks to work in, it's ugly as hell, and it weighs a TON.
 
Dont like it much, the door puts me off, and aswell as that i dont like the 'x' shaped window
 
Tsunami is ugly, but not as ugly as the shark. That thing is horrible.

I would go for the Lian Li V100B as well.
 
I have a superlanboy and It's superlightweight.

Super Lanboy at Newegg

Some people like how it looks, some don't. I really like mine so far. It's made to be quiet in the regular Antec style.
 
The black Thermaltake Tsunami is a really nice case. I'm probably going to buy one myself. Its gotten excellent reviews and alot of 5 star votes on Newegg.
 
kubalaTF said:
That does look like a very interesting case for the money, but who knows what that power supply will do. And would 350 really be enough? Especially considering future upgrades.


could just use the power supply as a backup
 
Don't get a Praetorian if you will be moving round a lot. It looks alright, and is ugly on the inside, but it is perfect to use for modding. Because of the thickness of the aluminium plates (2-4mm) its rock solid, but weighs as much as a steel case. I plan to get the Praetorian for Christmas, and mod it for a month, then stick the computer in it.
 
HaMMerHeD said:
Tsunami is ugly, but not as ugly as the shark. That thing is horrible.

I would go for the Lian Li V100B as well.

Ugly? :confused:

DSC00002.jpg


pc61.jpg


What do you consider not ugly?
 
ShaolinDragon said:
Don't get a Praetorian if you will be moving round a lot. It looks alright, and is ugly on the inside, but it is perfect to use for modding. Because of the thickness of the aluminium plates (2-4mm) its rock solid, but weighs as much as a steel case. I plan to get the Praetorian for Christmas, and mod it for a month, then stick the computer in it.

ScHpAnKy said:
Whatever you do, DON'T GET THE COOLERMASTER PRAETORIAN!
It sucks to work in, it's ugly as hell, and it weighs a TON.

It is also very cheap, the front grill bents at the slightest touch, as does the top fan grill, also watch out for all the sharp edges around fan holes, I/O shields, and motherboard tray! Not to mention it is EXTREMELY easy to scratch (think pencil scrape). I hate this case with a passion, and very much wish I could get my $100 back (to spend on hte V1000B)
:cool:
 
kubalaTF said:
I have a superlanboy and It's superlightweight.

Super Lanboy at Newegg

Some people like how it looks, some don't. I really like mine so far. It's made to be quiet in the regular Antec style.

Super LANBoy is an awsome case for the buck, and is light and comes with a Gear Grip like thing. Really good bang for buck. It's cheapest when looking at Ads at CompUSA and Fry's tho. They have Antec's with savings, discounts, or rebates often. I got mine for $65 in July from CompUSA with an Instant savings.

The fans mount with rubber snaps that all but eliminate fan noise. Also the way the HDD's mount is right in front of a 120mm fan. Only thing I could want it doesn't have is front firewire.

Negatives about this is the plastic front, and I generally don't like systems with a door in front.

pandora's box said:

A friend got one of these, and it sucked.. the whole thing basically is plastic and not well made plastic at that.. the front round things keep falling off, also the window is just hotglueed.. The above mentioned Antec the window is rivited, and secured well.

Plus, as mentinoed by others 350W is good to look at for a system for Mom, but useless to a gammer with OC'd chip, fast drives, and good video card.. You won't POST! If you do you don't want to...
 
I kindof like the front door because it hides my multicolored drives. If you use pricegrabber, I got mine from securemart for $75 shipped. I'm going to have a bit of difficulty making the inside wires pretty, but it's supposed to be small. Not big and roomy. It'll be done though, you wait and see.
 
Back
Top