• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Finally replacing 2002 Cybertron case - with a 2003 Antec??

ragejg

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 16, 2002
Messages
1,530
So basement-digging at a friend's house scored me a cool SFF rig, a couple PSUs, some DDR... and a case too!!

My cyberton's been a great case. It's not tool-less, and it doesn't have any gimmick features, but it's a solid hunk of steel that has survived an impromptu plane ride to Florida and back. Here it is in '03 as part of my first HTPC:

attachment.php


... And here is a more recent shot:



... Almost all of my favorite rigs have gone into this case. Thermal management isn't too great in it, but I've made do.

So yeah, this Antec case I scored... it's not really anything special, per se, but it is a step up. It's still steel, but I think it'll cool better. It's larger and will be easier to use. Plus despite its age, like the Cybertron, it's not a case that is easily dated, as it has nice styling.

It's a Performance II SX600II.

attachment.php


I might actually paint this case before I install it. The beige isn't faded on it, but I was thinking a [H]ardOCP Red might actually look pretty nice. I might also see about scoring a windowed side door as well, as I wouldn't mind painting the inside gloss white and having a couple white cold cathodes in there... Nothing too showy or trendy, lol.

Well, it's another solid-made steel case. It probably isn't as good at cooling as my Sunbeam Tuniq 3, but it'll give mo more room to work, and it won't look too shabby when it's done and ready.
 
Last edited:
Oh damn! i remember having one of those...they are decent cases...with the right tools, you can do some really great looking mods to them.

Not to mention you could crush someone's skull with it, lol
 
memory lane, i remember when a cool case meant you had a full tower that had 15 drive bays and weighted 10 tones.

lol
 
memory lane, i remember when a cool case meant you had a full tower that had 15 drive bays and weighted 10 tones.

lol

lol

This isn't THAT old, sheesh. :p

This case was immediately pre-120mm fans, and I believe it laid the groundwork for the first Sonata.
 
Last edited:
memory lane, i remember when a cool case meant you had a full tower that had 15 drive bays and weighted 10 tones.

lol

I still have one of those full towers laying around just in case. Dual PSU capable, tons of screamin' 80's through out, casters for mobility. And of course, beige as beige gets. Used it for cooling on a dual pIII system that was greatness in itself. :D
 
Back
Top