• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Finally got the Rig...

tytlyf

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
131
My parts were delivered today, and I put it together nicely. This is my first DFI board so I'm still a little hesitant to some settings in the bios, even after all the stickies.
Anyways, I'm tired and thought I would just post a quick picture.

Tomorrow I will post some more, and will be needing some help on tweaking.
Sneak peek

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3492/camera1242sz.jpg
 
Oh, you're the overclock the shit out of it for a grand dude. Be sure to post your experiences, should be a fun read.
 
up and running guys, been able to bench above 3.0ghz, ive got the memory as high as 290 2.5-3-3-5 and it can go higher.
Aquamark3 gave me a score of 89,703, and around 6,500 in 3d05. More pictures when I stop being lazy..
 
Here are some more pics as promised, have been able to bench up to 3.1 with around 1.6v..memory running @ 282mhz 2.5-3-3-5

Scored 89,703 in AQ3 with the 6800GS @ 520/1200

I will post some more bench's, superpi 32m is in the 26min. range. Here are the pics..


























 
Sweetness! Gotta love that case..it's almost cute. :D Optertons are pretty amazing little buggers as well. What're your temps?
 
to be honest, i still haven't figured out the temps using speedfan. My cpu sits around 38c in bios when it's oc'd (vcore). I've never seen any temp rise above 45c.

I got the case for $29 at CompUsa. I love the fact it has 2 120mm fans, and rubber grommets for the hard drives. I am about to break into the 26sec barrier in superpi 1m
 
I like the look of that case without the front fan grill. Looks like you're getting some good OC's, too.
 
yea, the front grill is ugly and restricts a slight amount of air. I cut out all the metal mesh out of the case for the front and rear fans. I'm thinkin of choppin into the middle of the HD rack and removing 2 slots that are in the way of the fan, leaving just the top and bottom HD slots for raid if i choose.
More benchmarks tonight, and I will be posting back with screenies !!
 
Finally got around to fixing up my wires to the final stage, here's some more pics....






















 
Absolutely clean and looks great. I love it. Props on your Microsoft Optical 1.1A mouse. ;) Those are great.

-J.
 
that oldschool mouse is the best, all the buttons, comfort, etc...I have been buying them over and over..
 
I wanted to buy one more of those but some sell the original 1.0 which aren't good. I want the 1.1A or 3.0 brand new. Where do you get your set?

-J.
 
Looks really nice! The only thing I'd do is turn the HD around so the wires are in back, but it still looks good. And what did you cut out the fan grills with? I might just do that....
 
GeForceX said:
I wanted to buy one more of those but some sell the original 1.0 which aren't good. I want the 1.1A or 3.0 brand new. Where do you get your set?

-J.

XD. I'm using the 1.0a currently, and have since I got the computer.
 
Well, since I'm a gamer - 1.0A (I'm not sure where the A came from) would skip quite badly doing fast twitches.

-J.
 
sc00ter said:
Looks really nice! The only thing I'd do is turn the HD around so the wires are in back, but it still looks good. And what did you cut out the fan grills with? I might just do that....
I cut it out using a drill, and a small dremmel bit. i did the front fan and the rear..thx for the compliments guys, I'm gonna do the thing with flipping the drive around.
 
Ahh, much better. :p A drill and a dremel..thanks! And I see you didn't manage to get your front audio plugged in either..those short little cables are buggers.
 
yea, the front connectors dont stretch across the mobo, I guess there is no other way to hook them up?!?!
 
You couuuuld... but that's gonna require some knife and soldering... :eek:

-J.
 
Ok, ran some more benchies tonight, and used my camera to capture the screenies. For some reason when i printscreen all the images are over 3m and imageshack only allows 1m. So i figured this was the easiest way....

I was in the mood to bench, seeing as the temp dropped pretty good tonight..













 
Holy smokes, those are some good temps! Is that 26C on load? I doubt it..still, it probably doesn't get above ~40C.
 
nah, the ambient was around 20-24c, and those were idle temps.. I posted the screenies of CPUZ so you can see my clocks.
 
Oh man the inside of your computer looks so clean!!!... If you saw mine u would probably have a heartattack.. :eek: :eek: :D
 
And here is my FINAL (unless i get bored again) wiring job..







someone put me out of my misery, i am a stinkin perfectionist...
 
Dude, that is hotttttt... maybe put a couple strips of black light's to make that bad boy glow. :)
 
Agreed, it looks excellent! Does having sleeved wires make cable management much easier?
 
yes and no. sleeved wires of course look better, but I bet you could hide un-sleeved wires much better (less space). But then again, the wires you do see with un-sleeved are going to be exposed and uglier.
 
And now to the final night wiring pictures. Sorry if i post too many pics, but more pics are better than no pics IMO. Enjoy if you want. I'm running prime, to illustrate what temps I get (ambient, cpu, etc.) with the cover on. Giving you guys an idea about the cooling of the zalman..Not bad if you ask me...

This is my daily speed 24/7..On with the pics.........













 
This is about the limit of the CPU on air. The volts were bothering me, but everything is working fine..A few more benchie screens !!






 
Back
Top