Finally getting my EVGA card.

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
So I signed up on the EVGA list for a 3060 Ti on 12/10/2019, and for a long time I have been despairing about ever getting my card.

Well, despair no longer. I received an email from EVGA at 12.05 pm local time, was looking at my email about 12.15 local time and by 12.30 local time, I got the order confirmation.

The base price was $470, not the original $400, but I'm not about to argue here. This card goes into a Ryzen 3900X/X570 chipset system, and now I finally have the workstation I wanted when I built this system over a year ago. Hash Rate is not an issue for me, because I don't plan to mine.

Adios Newegg and their infernal Shuffle. Adios scammers.

So I signed up on the EVGA list for a 3060 Ti on 12/10/2019, and for a long time I have been despairing about ever getting my card.

Well, despair no longer. I received an email from EVGA at 12.05 pm local time, was looking at my email about 12.15 local time and by 12.30 local time, I got the order confirmation.

The base price was $470, not the original $400, but I'm not about to argue here. This card goes into a Ryzen 3900X/X570 chipset system, and now I finally have the workstation I wanted when I built this system over a year ago. Hash Rate is not an issue for me, because I don't plan to mine.

Glad to hear you finally got what you wanted. And yes, screw Newegg, they are useless.

$470? Holy crap that's expensive. My HD7750 was only $119.

I'd gladly pay $470 for that card. Sure it's not the original $400 but it's almost twice that much on eBay

I'd gladly pay $470 for that card. Sure it's not the original $400 but it's almost twice that much on eBay
Don't know quite what to say. If the EVGA signup list is still open, you may as well sign up. But if you need to pay what I did (or less if the tariffs are abolished), then be prepared to wait and wait and wait. No getting around that fact.

Sweet Jesus, is that what it's come to now? Waiting for almost 2 years to get a card? WTF is happening?

Glad to hear you finally got what you wanted. And yes, screw Newegg, they are useless.
I actually got my 3080 through the shuffle. I know how lucky I was though. I did get a notify on a 3070 Ti from EVGA, but couldn't find anyone who wanted it, so I let it go.

Funny thing is it performs close to a 2080 but doesn't list at 1200 on eBay.

Back