Finally getting a PS2 - any online action?

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
As you can tell, I'm not a huge gaming fan. I played on my brother's PS2 back when it came out, but then lost interest in life in general. I bought Shadow of Collosus for him for christmas two years ago, but he already had gotten it, so now it's staring at me asking me to play it.

Anyways, I noticed the ps2 slim has internal ethernet. What I don't know, and am having hard time finding, is info on what can be done online. I know FFXI is an online game - of course it needs a harddrive... honestly I could care less about FFXI

what else is there? I'm not into sports (except maybe racing) and I hate MMORPGs... are there more adventure type games with coop or puzzle games or somethin?

your's noobly,
James

Socom is where its at on the PS2 Online... also seen more then a handful of people playing Killzone, its actually pretty fun in DM thanks to the kool weapons.

BF:MC is where its at. I'm on it almost daily (expect lately..some reason halo 2 has been drawing my attention). Check it out man,one of the best $20 you'll spend

The PS2 has a huge library of games but it is not really where you want to go if you are looking for a complete online experience.

Its still a solid purchase based in its price and game selection. Pick up God of War and God of War 2 and that should justify the purchase alone. Even if you are not a big gamer, you will probably find a game that you will enjoy on the system. You can also fine most of the best games used and at a good price. If you like adventure games, try Jak and Daxter or Beyond Good and Evil.

Also, if you like Shadow of the Colosus, try ICO, its made by the same team and Shadow of the Colosus is its spritual successor.

Back