Hey guys, I was looking to buy a MacBook Pro but changed my mind; too expensive for what you get IMO...
Anyway I used to be a fan of computer hardware but kinda lack the time lately, so I'm pretty much outdated. I really don't know where to look for my new build: from what I read I was thinking something like:
Intel Core I5 750
EVGA P55 mobo
EVGA GTX 460
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4go
SSD 60go + regular HD 1tb
Corsair TX650W
Samsung Monitors E2320X 23IN x2
I'm gonna continue my researches but could use some help/comments meanwhile
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
A lot of Web Developement and some Web Design, Web Browsing, Download/Watch/Listen to a lot of music & movies, Play LoTRO and get ready for Star Wars TOR
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1800-$2000 (including the dual monitors) excluding taxes and shipping
3) Where do you live?
Montreal, Canada (Newegg's now in Canada, but I could browse the US site and ship the pieces to a friends.. Also like www.directcanada.com)
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case + Fans, PSU, CPU + Heatsink, Mobo, GPU, RAM, HDD + External drive (optional), Optical Drives, Keyboard + Mouse
"Everything" might not be a valid answer but my current build is like 8 years old... I bought a new one a year ago but it got stolen, so I really need to start over new; some help on the major parts at least would be really helpful!
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
None!
6) Will you be overclocking?
Probably not right now, but maybe later
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Looking to buy 2x 23-24". I've been dying for a dual screen setup for a long time
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the next week
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Crossfire or SLI would be a plus, but definately not a must right now.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Nah, was considering Win7 Home or Pro... What ya think?
Anyway I used to be a fan of computer hardware but kinda lack the time lately, so I'm pretty much outdated. I really don't know where to look for my new build: from what I read I was thinking something like:
Intel Core I5 750
EVGA P55 mobo
EVGA GTX 460
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4go
SSD 60go + regular HD 1tb
Corsair TX650W
Samsung Monitors E2320X 23IN x2
I'm gonna continue my researches but could use some help/comments meanwhile
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
A lot of Web Developement and some Web Design, Web Browsing, Download/Watch/Listen to a lot of music & movies, Play LoTRO and get ready for Star Wars TOR
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1800-$2000 (including the dual monitors) excluding taxes and shipping
3) Where do you live?
Montreal, Canada (Newegg's now in Canada, but I could browse the US site and ship the pieces to a friends.. Also like www.directcanada.com)
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case + Fans, PSU, CPU + Heatsink, Mobo, GPU, RAM, HDD + External drive (optional), Optical Drives, Keyboard + Mouse
"Everything" might not be a valid answer but my current build is like 8 years old... I bought a new one a year ago but it got stolen, so I really need to start over new; some help on the major parts at least would be really helpful!
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
None!
6) Will you be overclocking?
Probably not right now, but maybe later
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Looking to buy 2x 23-24". I've been dying for a dual screen setup for a long time
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the next week
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Crossfire or SLI would be a plus, but definately not a must right now.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Nah, was considering Win7 Home or Pro... What ya think?