finally flashed 6800nu with ultra bios.

Chaballaman

[H]ard|Gawd
flash to 6800ultra bios using nvflash -4 -5 -6 command, 6800ultra bios was edited to 325/700. it worked fine but the computer restarted during windows load up. so flashed back to original bios and everything is back to normal. i didn't get to keep 16 pipelines. at least no harm done.

i think restarting problem might have been software, cos i had rivatuner installed with 16pipes, 6vertex enabled. i'm gonna try diff 6800ultra bios.. hopefully i can find one working 100%. :)

Flashing a 6800nu to an Ultra doesn't sound like a good idea to me..

well at least we know now 128mb 6800nu can get 12 pipes back if you flash the card back with the original bios.

im gonna try flashing it with diff util and diff bios.. as long as i can flash back to original it shouldnt cause any problem. maybe i can find one that works 100% with 16pipes and 6vertex.

im gonna try gt bios if none of the ultra bios works. 6800nu and 6800ultra runs 1.4v 3d but 6800gt runs 1.3v 3d.

Utras undoubtedly have more gpu optimizations than gts and nu's, it makes sense.

yeah hopefully i can get a ultra bios to work 100%.. unfortunately my 9700 is fxxed and i'll prob have to flash it and fix it first.

fxxxing mad! leadtek 6800ultra bios seem to be working fine so far.. got detected as ultra n everything running smoothly. :) gotta run some benchmark n check for performance increase.. brb.

unfortunately leadtek 6800ultra bios didn't enable 16pipes(n 6vertex). n rivatuner didn't work with 6800ultra bios, crashed after restarting with 16pipes installed. first two ultra bios(nvidia reference, modded one i found on net) had problem loadin into windows but probably didnt enable 16pipes. i think i have to use leadtek flash util to enable 16pipes through bios flash, like x800pro gigabyte flash.

If what you're looking for is an Ultra BIOS that unlocks 16 pipes then this one is the only one publicly known about which unlocks them. Unwinder based the new RivaTuner softmod on what he found out from that BIOS, which was unique to that BIOS. He also said that the results weren't able to be replicated on non-ASUS GE boards though, so good luck.

Personally I'd bite the bullet and just use RivaTuner (so long as you're running a windows box of course). I don't know where you got the idea that you need to re-do the softmod everytime you install new drrivers from, but you're wrong.

Maybe the problem is memory related? The Ultra looks for 256 bit 256 MB memory hardware. The 6800 non ultra doesnt have this does it?

"If what you're looking for is an Ultra BIOS that unlocks 16 pipes then this one is the only one publicly known about which unlocks them. Unwinder based the new RivaTuner softmod on what he found out from that BIOS, which was unique to that BIOS. He also said that the results weren't able to be replicated on non-ASUS GE boards though, so good luck."
umm that looks like the nvidia reference bios i used.. which is the first one i flashed with. but didn't work, if ita a diff bios i'll give it a try. i tried leadtek bios after that cos accordin to the review it gave permanent 16pipes but it didn't happen to me. i even used leadtek flash util to flash teh leadtek 6800ultra bios but same thing. it didn't even enable 16 pipes (accordin to rivatuner, n my 3dmark results). im gonna flash it with gigabyte flash.. hopefully it can make some diff.

bit out of the topic, but with x800pro to x800xt flash, do u have to use gigabyte flash util with gigabyte x800xt bios to enable 16pipes or gigabyte flash util and any x800xt bios?

first i used modded nvidia reference 6800ultra bios but had windows load up error.
then i used diff modded 6800ultra bios but got same error.
3rd bios was leadtek 6800ultra bios and this one works 100%. but it didn't enable 16pipes.
all three flashs were done through nvflash -4 -5 -6.

then i flashed with leadtek 6800ultra bios again using leadtek flash util. but same result. it works fine but no 16pipes.
so i just flashed it again with leadtek 6800ultra bios using gigabyte flash util but still same, works fine but no 16pipes.

at least no harm done so far.. :) i'm gonna try diff bios soon.

Back