Finally finished 56k beware!

Tanis143

Gawd
Ok, here is what it did look like:

newside05.jpg

image001.jpg

Now, after lots of work, here is the result. The paint is not the best job out there, but it was a helluva learning expirence for me.

casefinal02.jpg

casefinal04.jpg

casefinal05.jpg

casefinal06.jpg

casefinal07.jpg

casefinal08.jpg

The case still has a few flaws. The clearcoat got screwed up on the right hand side of the top, but after redoing it for the 4th time I finally said screw it, it will be on the same side as the desk. One day I'll pull the top and fix it, but no rush now.

Because my case is not as deep as most, the standard precut server window would not fit. I basically measured out what parts I wanted/did not want to show, drew a box on the panel for the area I did want to show, then used a coaster to draw the corner curves. Cut was done with a jigsaw, which now I love for doing large windows like this, much faster than a dremel and no stopping to put on a new cutting disk :D

Boozer said:
wow looks good. whats the cooling on that thing?

Its a DD maze 3 I've had for 2 years now using a 50/50 mix of distilled water and antifreeze.

2 questions. first WHY 50/50 water/antifreeze i use 90% water and 10% antifreeze and have never had a problem. you will get better performance with less antifreeze. also why so many right angle adapters, those things kill flow espectially so close to the pump

tint the reservoir and put LEDS on it... so it'll be black when it's off... and translucent with it's on!

speedracer089 said:
2 questions. first WHY 50/50 water/antifreeze i use 90% water and 10% antifreeze and have never had a problem. you will get better performance with less antifreeze. also why so many right angle adapters, those things kill flow espectially so close to the pump

1) Simply because I can buy pre-mixed antifreeze instead of buying triple distilled water and antifreeze and mixing it myself. I've not tried different ratio's, might later on, but for now Im not going to mess with it much.

2) I know, and if I didnt have to use the 90 degree elbows I wouldnt. But I had to replace my tubing, and locally all I could get is this stiff ass stuff that wouldn't bend. So I resorted to the elbows. Here in the near future Im going to buy more tubing from DD to replace this stuff, and I will be able to eliminate those elbow's, plus Im going to move the res down to the bottom space instead of where I put it.

As far as tinting it, nah. I like the green color. LED's I might do later though, but not now. This case has been an ongoing creation since January of 02. So right now Im just glad I have the case/computer in a finished stage :)

Back