Finally did it.

SykoBMW

Gawd
So today, I finally bought a MBP. I bought the base $1999 model and am loving it so far. Can't wait until I actually know how to do everything on it.

Get some more RAM for it - I picked up 4GB of OCZ for under 60 bucks off Newegg.

Planning on ordering it tonight so it'll be here when I get back from the beach. I can't get over how much I more I like the MBP than the HP it replaced, or even my Vaio which I really like.

Yea, I just have 2GB in mine now. Is there a huge improvement with 4GB? If there is, then I'll most definitely upgrade.

I certainly noticed it in my boot up time, as well as in many of my apps, from encoding videos with handbrake, to running multiple applications at the same time.

would increase ram be worth the money for a macbook? I dont do much video editing, just some simple graphics editing. So would there be a point for me to increase my ram from 2gb to 4gb?

thanks

would increase ram be worth the money for a macbook? I dont do much video editing, just some simple graphics editing. So would there be a point for me to increase my ram from 2gb to 4gb?

thanks

Not a huge gain from 2GB to 4GB unless you are doing a lot of multitasking. With the low memory prices out there, it's not a bad idea though.

thanks

Since the RAM's so cheap, it's definitely worth it, I think. It will future proof your laptop pretty effectively for Snow Leopard, and perhaps beyond. Your processor's definitely powerful enough but the RAM's about as cheap as it's gonna get since DDR3 is the future. Just like DDR prices are way more than DDR2 prices now, the same will happen to DDR2 compared to DDR3.

Nice grab. Just picked one up recently for myself as well.. and have been eyeing the RAM upgrade.

Dont use the Apple ram upgrade though....Try to upgrade every thing youself. For example, a Mac Pro with the same specs of my Pc is close to $5k. Mostly because to upgrade from 2GB of ram to 8GB, its $1500.

4GBs of ram is WORTH it.. and for 60 dollars i dont see how you can go wrong. I find myself using around 3gbs btwn Lightroom and Photoshop CS3 when multitasking btwn projects.

Back