• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Finally decided and ordered my new computer...From AVADirect

Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
14
I am so absolutely thrilled about my choice to go with AVADirect. I built my system online last night and this is what I chose:

+ GAMING PC, Core 2 Duo SLI Gaming System 1
INTEL, Core™ 2 Duo E6600 Dual-Core, 2.4GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache, 65nm, 65W, EM64T EIST VT XD, Retail
ZALMAN, CNPS9500 LED Copper CPU Cooler, Blue LED
SERVICE, Overclock This Rig
eVGA, nForce 680i SLI 775 Mainboard, LGA775, nForce 680i SLI, 1333MHz FSB, DDR2-1200 8GB/4, PCIe x16 SLI, SATA 3Gb/s /6, HDA, Gb LAN /2, FW, ATX, Retail
OCZ, 4GB (4 x 1GB) Gold GX XTC PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz CL 5-5-5-12 SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC
eVGA, e-GeForce 8800 GTS 500MHz, 640MB DDR3 1.6MHz, PCIe x16 SLI, 2x DVI, HDTV/S-Video/Composite Out, Retail
CREATIVE, Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio, 7.1 channels, 24-bit 96KHz, PCI
WESTERN DIGITAL, 320GB WD Caviar® SE16, SATA II 300MB/s, 7200-RPM, 16MB cache
WESTERN DIGITAL, 320GB WD Caviar® SE16, SATA II 300MB/s, 7200-RPM, 16MB cache
RAID, RAID 1 (mirroring), min 2 hard drives required
MITSUMI, Black Internal 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Drive
SONY, DDU1615/B2S Black 16x DVD-ROM Drive, IDE, OEM
LITE-ON, LH-20A1H Black/White 20x DVD±RW Dual-Layer Burner w/ LightScribe, EIDE/ATAPI, Retail
THERMALTAKE, Armor Black Full-Tower Case w/ Window, EATX, No PSU
OCZ, GameXStream 850W Power Supply, 24-pin ATX EPS12V, SLI Ready
CUSTOM WIRING, Standard Wiring (Choose Upgrade)
LOGISYS, Dual Cold Cathode Case Lights Kit, Blue
CASE FAN, LED Fans Maximum Package, Blue
MICROSOFT, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2b w/ Free Upgrade Coupon for Vista, OEM
SYMANTEC, Norton AntiVirus™ 2007, 1 User, Retail
ALTEC LANSING, VS3251 Black 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System, 70W, w/ Remote, Retail
GAMING PC, Silver Warranty Package (3 Year Limited Parts, 3 Year Labor Warranty)
SERVICE, Standard Shipping (UPS, DHL, or Fedex)

Price: $2871.73

So, I place my order today and decide to call them immediately after because I had a question. Misha answers the phone and pulls up my order right away to check everything out. He makes a few brilliant suggestions that will ensure my system is top notch and the thing is, his suggestions actually saved me some money. I am already very impressed at this point. He then tells me that work will begin on my system right away and they will even email pics during the build process! Misha was just awesome. I feel very good about this purchase and I can't wait to work with these guys again in the future. I may have to invent problems just to be able to call these guys up and experience their topnotch customer service.

Here is the final configuration I am getting:

INTEL, Core™ 2 Duo E6600 Dual-Core, 2.4GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache, 65nm, 65W, EM64T EIST VT XD, Retail
NOCTUA, NH-U12F Copper CPU Cooler, Socket LGA775/754/939/940/AM2
SERVICE, Overclock This Rig
ASUS, P5N-E SLI, LGA775, nForce 650i SLI, 1066MHz FSB, DDR2-800 8GB /4, PCIe x16 SLI /2, SATA RAID 5 /5, HDA, GbLAN, FW /2, ATX, Retail
OCZ, 4GB (4 x 1GB) Gold GX XTC PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz CL 5-5-5-12 SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC
eVGA, e-GeForce 8800 GTS 500MHz, 640MB DDR3 1.6MHz, PCIe x16 SLI, 2x DVI, HDTV/S-Video/Composite Out, Retail
CREATIVE, Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio, 7.1 channels, 24-bit 96KHz, PCI
WESTERN DIGITAL, 320GB WD Caviar® SE16, SATA II 300MB/s, 7200-RPM, 16MB cache
WESTERN DIGITAL, 320GB WD Caviar® SE16, SATA II 300MB/s, 7200-RPM, 16MB cache
RAID, RAID 1 (mirroring), min 2 hard drives required
MITSUMI, Black Internal 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Drive
SONY, DDU1615/B2S Black 16x DVD-ROM Drive, IDE, OEM
LITE-ON, LH-20A1H Black/White 20x DVD±RW Dual-Layer Burner w/ LightScribe, EIDE/ATAPI, Retail
THERMALTAKE, Armor Black Full-Tower Case w/ Window, EATX, No PSU
OCZ, GameXStream 850W Power Supply, 24-pin ATX EPS12V, SLI Ready
CUSTOM WIRING, Spiral Wrap Wire Management with Round Cables, Blue
LOGISYS, Dual Cold Cathode Case Lights Kit, Blue
MICROSOFT, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2b w/ Free Upgrade Coupon for Vista, OEM
SYMANTEC, Norton AntiVirus™ 2007, 1 User, Retail
ALTEC LANSING, VS3251 Black 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System, 70W, w/ Remote, Retail
GAMING PC, Silver Warranty Package (3 Year Limited Parts, 3 Year Labor Warranty)
SERVICE, Standard Shipping (UPS, DHL, or Fedex)

Total Price: $2829.49
 
What suggestions did they make about your original build to make you swap some parts around?
 
Well, first recommendation was the CPU cooling. Also, I had originally intended on the eVGA motherboard. Misha gave me some info about the board and told me for my purposes, i could save $130 dollars by going with the Asus board. This freed up some cash for cable management. He also saved me some money by telling me the LED fans maximum package was not necessary.

Granted, most of those are minor suggestions. But the fact that he took the time to run through my build and came up with a lower price then what was originally put together by myself leads to me to think that customer satisfaction is more important to them then the all mighty dollar.
 
Hey congratulations! I ordered my New Gaming Machine yesterday as well.And your right Misha is awesome.He did the same for me.Saved me some money and came away w/better rig.AVA DIRECT look out all other competitors.
 
should REALLY knock the memory down to 2gb of some better stuff, and knock the graphics card up to a GTX...
 
Just called Misha and asked about the raid array for my drives. He agrees that raid 0 would be better for gaming purposes. So he switched it to Raid 0.
 
yes raid0 would make more sense for gaming. I just thought you had raid1 because you have important stuff on there. 640mb raid0 is a lot..
 
I just made another update. I changed the 4 gig of RAM to 2 gigs and with the money I saved, I updated the graphics card to XFX, GeForce™ 8800 GTX XXX Version 630MHz, 768MB GDDR3 2GHz, PCIe x16, 2x DVI, HDTV-Out.

I also changed the 2 hard drives to 2 x 74 gig Raptor 10,000 drives in a raid 0 array.

Now, I think I am happy. =)
 
Back
Top