Finally bought my iBook.... and its here!

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
After months of deliberation.... decideing between a iBook and Powerbook I finally got the iBook... Money was the main reason but I couldnt be happier with my choice! This thing is beautiful... and for everything I used on it so far, its fast enuff for me

Thanks all for everyone who put in their 2 cents to help me decide... anyone have any tips? or software recommendations ... thanks!

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010006.jpg

w00t!

Argh you make me very jealous.

I'm getting mine this weekend hopefully, perhaps from the new flagship store in Regents Street, London (if you can pick them up off the shelf that is).

I have to research student discounts too, anyone know how much you get off?

looks great...what size is that? I'm looking at the 12.1" but I'm worried it'll be too small.

Were you a Windows user before getting this? I am and scared of converting...

Congrats on the new iBook, looks great.

Yeah this is my first mac ever, and will be my "desktop replacement" since I am in the Marine Corps and Im about to go to iraq for 7 months in Jan - July

I love it so far... everything just works... lol

BTW its a 14 inch, combo drive, 768MB of ram

I was begining to think you'd never actually buy it! ;) Congratulations on a very nice machine!

About software suggestions... didn't we have a thread about generic software suggestions a while ago? Use the search function, I'm sure it's around somewhere. ;)

congrats there and as for a tip get a large plastic bag that you can seal that up in when not in use cause if you are going to the big sand box a friend of mine who is over there says the dust is nasty

A second for side track, its handy and cheap. If you use iTunes, try synergy, its great for showing what is playing, and gives you good control from the menu bar. Good luck and be safe!

Orc

vinividivici said:
get sidetrack. you'll love it. especially if you're used to windoze laptops.

other than that, enjoy and be careful over there!
Thanks I was wondering if they had one of those ;)

Not everybody lives on Apple's website to memorize specs... :rolleyes:

1.33GHz PowerPC G4
512K L2 cache @ 1.33GHz
14-inch TFT Display
1024x768 resolution
256MB DDR266 SDRAM
60GB Ultra ATA drive
SuperDrive
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
32MB DDR video memory
AirPort Extreme built-in

i was thinking about getting the 12" are their any downsides to the 999 one that has 256ram because i was only looking to use word on it? this would be my first mac too, and i read the faq.

I know the stock specs, I was mainly wondering how much ram he upgraded to.

Ah, ok then.

USMC2Hard4U said:
Yeah this is my first mac ever, and will be my "desktop replacement" since I am in the Marine Corps and Im about to go to iraq for 7 months in Jan - July

I love it so far... everything just works... lol

BTW its a 14 inch, combo drive, 768MB of ram

Nohpys said:
Argh you make me very jealous.

I'm getting mine this weekend hopefully, perhaps from the new flagship store in Regents Street, London (if you can pick them up off the shelf that is).

I have to research student discounts too, anyone know how much you get off?

Load up the Apple Store site, click "Educational Discounts", locate your school, and browse the store with all the educational prices listed.

Note two things:
1. Retail Apple Stores only sells prebuilt configs - no built-to-order machines.
2. Retail Apple Stores do not give software discounts - hardware only.

I'm jealous. I bought an iBook 800 MHz a year ago and it's already out of date. I'll wait for a 12" Powebook G5 though (and I might be waiting quite a long time).

Also i bought an extra 512MB from another online store for an upgrade

it makes a WORLD of difference

Back