• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Finally, another dually

gnewbury

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - September 2007
Joined
May 4, 2001
Messages
2,544
Well it took a couple of w2k installations and a bios flash but I've finally got my X23800 crunching 2 instances.
Cost wise if power supplies etc. were free it's probably not worth it. I can get a 2Ghz AMD w/ m/b for about $100 from sales, but I think for $280 the m/b X2 3800 price was well worth it.
Something I do not understand yet is that preliminary (< 2hr) folding with EMIII monitoring shows:
Instance 1 - p2019 (95points) at the rate of a frame in 4min 1 sec, or about 340 ppd, 170 PpDpGhz.
Instance 2 - p2076 (133 points) with a frame rate of 12min, or about 160 ppd, or 80 PpDpGhz
Something must be wrong, but I hope it continues at the higher rate.
I have not set affinity for either instance.

 
gnewbury said:
Well it took a couple of w2k installations and a bios flash but I've finally got my X23800 crunching 2 instances.
Cost wise if power supplies etc. were free it's probably not worth it. I can get a 2Ghz AMD w/ m/b for about $100 from sales, but I think for $280 the m/b X2 3800 price was well worth it.
Something I do not understand yet is that preliminary (< 2hr) folding with EMIII monitoring shows:
Instance 1 - p2019 (95points) at the rate of a frame in 4min 1 sec, or about 340 ppd, 170 PpDpGhz.
Instance 2 - p2076 (133 points) with a frame rate of 12min, or about 160 ppd, or 80 PpDpGhz
Something must be wrong, but I hope it continues at the higher rate.
I have not set affinity for either instance.


All most all the proteins fold at different rates so what you are seeing is quite normal. I currently have 4 dually boxes, two with dual XP’s and two with X-2’s and I see the same thing. Don’t even be surprised if you see the exact same protein on each client and a slight difference in folding times a lot of that has to do with how the computer handles doing it’s internal work.

Nice addition man, hope you enjoy it. :)



 
Back
Top