JOKER_JOKER
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Nov 2, 2005
- Messages
- 471
Tomorrow I will be ordering the following parts for my new water cooling setup. Just look over them and see if I need anything else, or if I'm good to go.
CPU Waterblock: Swiftech Storm
http://www.shoppts.com/swstexpeunwa.html
$74.99
GPU Waterblock: Low Profile Acetal MAZE4
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=161&cat=48&page=1
$44.95
Pump: Danger Den 12v DD-D5
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=175&cat=23&page=1
$74.95
Radiator: Black Ice Pro III
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=163&cat=72&page=1
$44.99
Fillport: Danger Den
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=56&cat=6&page=1
$11.95
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver 5
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=72&cat=52&page=1
$7.29
Tubing: Masterkleer Clear PVC Tubing, #5233K44, 15 ft.
http://www.mcmaster.com/
$5.70
Coolant: MCT-40
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=143&cat=63&page=1
$21.99
Total: $286.81 without shipping.
If you guys could help me out with a few final questions, that'd be great.
1) Is non-conductive fluid really necessary? I've seen you guys just use distilled water and anti-freeze, but since I'm a n00b at this, should I get it in case something happens?
2) When I fit the tubing and prepare to fill the system, this is the procedure, right? First you put on all the waterblocks and put the radiator and the pump in place. Then you put all the tubing in place, detach the waterblocks, and remove all the components from the case. Then you leak test for about 24hrs, if all is good, put the components back in the case, re-attach the waterblocks, and your done.
3) Does it matter which way the flow goes through the blocks? Since there are two barbs on each block, is there one barb specifically for inlet and one for outlet?
If you have any other pointer for a first time cooler, let me know.
CPU Waterblock: Swiftech Storm
http://www.shoppts.com/swstexpeunwa.html
$74.99
GPU Waterblock: Low Profile Acetal MAZE4
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=161&cat=48&page=1
$44.95
Pump: Danger Den 12v DD-D5
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=175&cat=23&page=1
$74.95
Radiator: Black Ice Pro III
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=163&cat=72&page=1
$44.99
Fillport: Danger Den
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=56&cat=6&page=1
$11.95
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver 5
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=72&cat=52&page=1
$7.29
Tubing: Masterkleer Clear PVC Tubing, #5233K44, 15 ft.
http://www.mcmaster.com/
$5.70
Coolant: MCT-40
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=143&cat=63&page=1
$21.99
Total: $286.81 without shipping.
If you guys could help me out with a few final questions, that'd be great.
1) Is non-conductive fluid really necessary? I've seen you guys just use distilled water and anti-freeze, but since I'm a n00b at this, should I get it in case something happens?
2) When I fit the tubing and prepare to fill the system, this is the procedure, right? First you put on all the waterblocks and put the radiator and the pump in place. Then you put all the tubing in place, detach the waterblocks, and remove all the components from the case. Then you leak test for about 24hrs, if all is good, put the components back in the case, re-attach the waterblocks, and your done.
3) Does it matter which way the flow goes through the blocks? Since there are two barbs on each block, is there one barb specifically for inlet and one for outlet?
If you have any other pointer for a first time cooler, let me know.