• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Finalizing my cooling order

Ripped85

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
195
OK...so here's what I need:

Heatsink
Video Card Cooler
New Cables (I wanna get rid of the ribbon cables)

So for the heatsink I was thinking of the Scythe Ninja (what fan should i get with it)?

I have a 6800GT video Card...i don't think the stock fan is too good..i need something good/quiet...

And cables...what do you guys reccommend..cable for DVD Burner and Cable for DVD ROM drive
 
If you get the Ninja then a YateLoon will do great and there is no need to undervolt it as at top speed you can barely hear it. That 120x38 Panaflo is a beast. I know, because I turned it into a desk fan. :D

The Zalman VF7000cu is great. And comes with a fan power splitter that you can run at slow or regular speed. On normal speed you can barely hear it.

http://www.jab-tech.com/Scythe-Ninja-SCNJ-1000-pr-3130.html
http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm-Case-Fan-D12SL-12-pr-3009.html
http://www.jab-tech.com/Zalman-VF700-Cu-VGA-Heatsink-pr-2755.html
 
ok..so my final order is:

Scythe Ninja - SCNJ-1000
YATE LOON 120mm Case Fan - D12SL-12
Zalman VF7000cu

So anyone have any comments on this before i order?

Also, what cables should i get for my 2 DVD drives?

And would a fan controller be a good thing to get?
 
How does one go about undervolting it?

And now you had to confuse me and add another VGA cooler lol..

And cables..which kind? lol
 
WIth the YateLoons you don't need to undervolt. Anyone that has used one will know that.

As for cables, rounded are your only option since you don't want the ribbon cables.

Are your HDD SATA? If so then you can put your DVD Burner and DVD ROM drive on seperate IDE channels, using two cables. But if your HDDs are IDE, then your only left with the choice of a Dual-Device rounded IDE cable. No need to spend more than $9 on the IDE cable.

If you get the Zalman cooler, it comes with a splitter that runs at 7v or 12v I believe, so you can run the YateLoon off of that as well if you so choose. But seriously...at full speed you don't hear the YateLoons.
 
Ripped85 said:
How does one go about undervolting it?

And now you had to confuse me and add another VGA cooler lol..

And cables..which kind? lol
stick with the zalman VF700-Cu, artic cooling is having a quality control problem with their silencers and hav a large number of defects
 
I love you guys. .you're so helpful!

OK..so no arctic which helps my choice.

And I have an SATA drive, which means i can get 2 rounded cables, so each gets them seperately. Do any rounded cables stand out? and which length is good for them?
 
Ripped85 said:
I love you guys. .you're so helpful!

OK..so no arctic which helps my choice.

And I have an SATA drive, which means i can get 2 rounded cables, so each gets them seperately. Do any rounded cables stand out? and which length is good for them?
ummm rounded sata cables or rounded ide cables??!?!?
 
I ordered 3 black 10" rounded IDE cables..for the HD and DVD players.

Zalman VF700-Cu VGA ZM-VF700CU-75 1 28.95
Cooler
Subtotal 28.95
Shipping 6.80
Total 35.75

Product Quantity Item price Total

Scythe Ninja - SCNJ-1000 Options: Arctic Clean: NONE
Arctic Silver: 3.5g Arctic Silver 5
120mm Fan: 1 x 120mm Black Yate Loon

1 $49.95 $49.95
Single device ide cable BLACK Options: Size: 10"

3 $2.89 $8.67
Payment method:Credit Card (manual processing) Subtotal: $58.62
Delivery: UPS Ground Shipping: $5.56
Total: $64.18


So the Total came out to: 99.93
 
I think it will be..if not i'll order new ones and use ribbons until i get longer ones
 
Back
Top