Final Round for the BEST Gaming Mouse: Logitech MX518 vs Razor DeathAdder

Tiramisu

Weaksauce
I've narrowed down to the last two best gaming mouse and each comes from different side of the world:

Logitech MX518 and Razor DeathAdder

Now I need you to decide which one is the "king of all kings" (did I mentioned someone's name here.. ;) )

Before you take your vote, please take the following considerations into account:

1. Most importantly, the overall build quality including its mouse feet
2. Performance level - Pixel by pixel pinpoint accuracy.
3. Warranty - The type of warranty offered (efficiency?) and the average customer service ratings for their RMA department.

That's all

:D

Should've made it into a poll. o_O

Good question but I purposely didn't want to make it a poll.
Simply becouse I'll only get those "fanboy" votes WITHOUT any reasons to backup their decision and that will totally defeat the purpose why I've even created the 3 important criteria for taking them into account before deciding. This isn't really a type of questions to ask you which is is your favorite mouse kinda but rather more of an analytic think through from a buyer's perspective :)

I hope you'd understand.
:cool:

I don't think that that is even a fair question.

Now, if you want to compare the new G5 with the Death Adder, which is a much better question, I would pick the new G5 for a few reasons.

1) On the fly adjustable DPI + 2 side buttons
2) Much more comfortable (just my opinion)
3) The settings seem to be more customizable for the G5.
4) The G5 seems more durable and less prone to breaking when I drop it.

when choosing a mouse its honesty all about personal preference. the majority of gaming mice from reputable manufacturers such as razer and logitech all have great build quality and great performance. in the end its going to come down to the type of gamer you are and which mouse feels best for you.

Gonna have to stick with my G5 guns here.

I've tried the MX518 - it seems to be easier to master right off the start. The small feet, however, don't provide as smooth as a slide than the massive pads on the G5 do. G5 also feels like it can take more punishment - having owned an MX510 and had the left click wear out, I'm also wary that the MX518 will do the same, seeing as how it's exactly the same mouse frame, except for the sensitivity buttons and skin colors. (How's that for a run-on sentence? :eek: )

DeathAdder feels nice and plays nice, that's for sure. Still not a fan of the overly-molded shape of the Razor mice, though.

Haven't played around with the DeathAdder, but I, too, didn't like the feel of the Razer mice in general.

I have an MX510 taht's going strong still :)

I have an MX518, but I tried out a deathadder recently and I have to say I like the deathadder better.

i have the g7 (pretty much a wirless g5) and id hafta say i like the feel and smoothness of logitech mice in general. i have tried razor mice but i just dont like the way the feel. my logitech has had its fair share of beatings too and works like a charm. but then again its just up to what you like the feel of.

Gonna have to stick with my G5 guns here.

I've tried the MX518 - it seems to be easier to master right off the start. The small feet, however, don't provide as smooth as a slide than the massive pads on the G5 do. G5 also feels like it can take more punishment - having owned an MX510 and had the left click wear out, I'm also wary that the MX518 will do the same, seeing as how it's exactly the same mouse frame, except for the sensitivity buttons and skin colors. (How's that for a run-on sentence? :eek: )

DeathAdder feels nice and plays nice, that's for sure. Still not a fan of the overly-molded shape of the Razor mice, though.

I second this.

... with the exception of the run-on sentence. :)

You asked specific questions that I can't answer... all I can do is give my opinion... and that is that the MX518 is a great mouse. I've been using mine for about 1~1.5 years and have had exactly zero problems or issues with it.

It is, in my opinion, the best mouse made to date. The size is perfect (for me) and the buttons are placed perfectly (for me) and it has been very durable (I get frustrated easily... and my mouse occasionally pays the price:rolleyes: )...

You can spend more, or less, but I personally don't think you'll find a better mouse.

Back