Final opinion on build

jtvd78

Limp Gawd
I am buying this computer tonight. It will be used as a server, so it needs lots of storage and low power usage. I already have Windows Home server (OS) and the hard drives 2x 2TB F4's. And a 500GB WD green drive for OS.

The motherboard I want is not in stock at newegg, so here is the amazon link.
http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Raid-Micr...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1293338603&sr=8-1

^^^That is the same as This motherboard. Right?

Also, here are the rest of the parts.
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=14613686
CPU

I already have the OS and Hard Drives.

I just need a final opinion on the build

Thanks
-Jtvd78

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Amazon and NewEgg links are for the same exact board. Out of curiosity, may I ask what that particular board has over other equally capable boards?

The rest of the parts are fine.

The Amazon and NewEgg links are for the same exact board. Out of curiosity, may I ask what that particular board has over other equally capable boards?

The rest of the parts are fine.

I prefer MSI as a company, and I am not a fan of ASUS. Also, I need lots of SATA ports, Onboard video, and PATA

EDIT: if you have another recommendation, please tell me

Well, I bought the Case, PSU, Memory, and DVD drive. I just need confirmation on the Mobo

The board is fine. I asked my question out of curiosity, nothing more.

Go ahead and get the board.

And the CPU is fine? because newegg doesn't sell the energy efficient versions.

Thanks! Ordered them all!

One more question (kinda Off Topic). Is there a place where I can order a couple SATA cables, without them having an overly expensive price, or shipping price?

If you didn't order extra SATA cables along with your NewEgg or Amazon purchases, you'll have to spend a bit more now. But most retail motherboards come with two to four SATA cables in the box.

if it was me I wouldn't have ordered that board.. But I have had problems with every MSI board I have used in the last couple years.. I would have taken a gigabyte or asus over it for sure. But to each his own.. & What low power CPU did newegg not sell taht you were after.. I dont see that you ever mentioned it.

The processor was the AMD Athlon II X2 240E -- the 45W version of the X2 240.

And I've been using an MSI board in my rig for the past couple of years with no trouble. To each his own, sure, but you shouldn't imply that MSI is worse than, say, ECS when it comes to motherboards.

The processor was the AMD Athlon II X2 240E -- the 45W version of the X2 240.

And I've been using an MSI board in my rig for the past couple of years with no trouble. To each his own, sure, but you shouldn't imply that MSI is worse than, say, ECS when it comes to motherboards.

MSI isn't worse then ECS.. I just havent had good luck with them. Which used to not be the case.. When the nForce chipsets were top dog I used nothing but MSI & had very good luck.

Back