Final Fantasy VII Remake

Wow. I'm pretty excited. It's been 18 years - anyone born in the 90s or 2000's care?

Lets hope they truly make it a Next Gen remake by making it a huge ass open world. Itll be kickass to explore.

Okay, this is what I need to know.

How big are Tifa's tits going to be in the remake.

Finally. I have been asking square to take my money for years and now they finally want it enough. Definitely buying the collectors edition for this.

..... Where's my FFT remake, you sons of bitches!? Xenogears! FF8! VP!?

Well, I only really want Valkyrie Profile, FFT and Xenogears though. But FF7 wasn't bad.

A Xenogears remake is impossible. It would end up a piece of shit like Xenosaga.

Not even sure I'll ever play this, but I will buy the collectors edition well... because. Also, with the other games in Squares pipeline, I honestly don't expect to see FF7R until 2018.

Not even sure I'll ever play this, but I will buy the collectors edition well... because. Also, with the other games in Squares pipeline, I honestly don't expect to see FF7R until 2018.

Rumor pegs it as 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original game. That sounds like the earliest to expect it.

We'll have to experience that Aeris scene again... this time in HD!

Okay, this is what I need to know.

Lol, I was waiting to see myself in the trailer and was disappoint (that they were not shown). :(

What about that 'World of Final Fantasy'? That game will be a game changer.

All these double threads for every game announced at E3 are driving me crazy. Subbing to this one as well.

..... Where's my FFT remake, you sons of bitches!? Xenogears! FF8! VP!?

Well, I only really want Valkyrie Profile, FFT and Xenogears though. But FF7 wasn't bad.

If they actually finished / fleshed out what Xenogears was seemingly going to be, it'd be like a 100+ hour long game easy.

It must have taken me over 40 to finish the first disc alone. Then the second comes and you read a small novel on all the cool shit that you did instead of actually doing it and UHGH. It's so good up until that point.

+1 for an FF8 Remake. 7 was good, but doesn't deserve a lot of the hype, fanwanking, or nostalgia it gets. Still, I'm looking forward to playing a graphically modern version of it.

Hopefully it also sees a PC release with DX11/12 support.

Rumor pegs it as 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original game. That sounds like the earliest to expect it.

Makes sense to me. Will give me time to play through Mass Effect: Andromeda, Mirrors Edge: Catalyst, and Doom.

42 EE?

FF died after the SNES era. All the PS/PS2/PS3 FF games were garbage. Tactics being the exception but also the one that proves the rule... since it was an FF game that wasn't really an FF game.

Still, this will make Square boatloads of cash from kids who didn't start gaming until the PS1 era.

FF died after the SNES era. All the PS/PS2/PS3 FF games were garbage. Tactics being the exception but also the one that proves the rule... since it was an FF game that wasn't really an FF game.

Still, this will make Square boatloads of cash from kids who didn't start gaming until the PS1 era.

Fact: I started playing at FF2 (US) and stopped after 12, I can say with certainty FF7 is the best one of the series.

See what I did there?

If they actually finished / fleshed out what Xenogears was seemingly going to be, it'd be like a 100+ hour long game easy.

It must have taken me over 40 to finish the first disc alone. Then the second comes and you read a small novel on all the cool shit that you did instead of actually doing it and UHGH. It's so good up until that point.

Both Xenogears and FFT felt rushed near the end, imo. Xenogears, definitely. A lot of interesting happens in Disc 2 but it wasn't played.

only thing that bugged me about FF8 was Squall seemingly did a quick change. Because he was still sulky and such all the way up to that point.

I am curious as to how they will handle the music. I feel like the FFVII soundtrack has already gone through billions of remixes; how are they going to make the remake score truly stand out.

Both Xenogears and FFT felt rushed near the end, imo. Xenogears, definitely. A lot of interesting happens in Disc 2 but it wasn't played.

only thing that bugged me about FF8 was Squall seemingly did a quick change. Because he was still sulky and such all the way up to that point.

FFT becomes a joke towards the end as soon as you get the op guy (cant remember his name) and xenogears first disc is a masterpiece.. the second disc is literally just reading a fucking book to you

Hahaha... Orlandu.... or Cid. Yea FFT gets pretty easy... Though there are some pretty ridiculous fights that can destroy you though, like the map full of chocobos. But Cid is supposed to be a legendary war hero, if he isn't powerful, then fuck, what kind of legend is that?

Too bad you don't get access to Heavenly Knight Class, would've loved to see what made Ramza's father so awesome. But then again, Uber Squire is also ridiculously over powered as well. Just needs a bit of wound up time.

I don't own a PS4 but this game alone will make me buy one. FF7 was my intro to RPGs and I fell in love with it. I am a bit hesitant on it though because its a remake, meaning they may not stick with the same combat system or storyline. That may end up being a good thing but, it leaves room for them to miss their mark.

In the trailer, it says something along the lines of "...it will be a joyous reunion...", not sure if that's a reference to the characters or to the audience. If the characters, then this will be more of a sequel which kind of sucks....not sure I recall anything being left open. If it refers to the audience then maybe we are getting the same story with a game updated for todays gaming and the advances that have been made in games. Either way it's got the opportunity to be a letdown because they're screwing with what made the game great to its fans in the first place, the gameplay and story. I know I'm in the minority here but I'd love to see a remake/remaster/whatever it would be called where its exactly the same story and gameplay with modern gen graphics and effects.

For a release date, I think 2017 is too far out to be announcing it now and, from a marketing/business perspective, I'd be willing to bet they release it 2016 with a special 20th anniversary edition in 2017 to milk the cow. Then again, I could be wrong and we all have to wait in agony as they tease bits to the public for the next two years :(

I just realized that 90% of the FFVII staff probably isn't with Square anymore. This is going to be terrible. Maybe they really should just do a generic HD remaster.

I just realized that 90% of the FFVII staff probably isn't with Square anymore. This is going to be terrible. Maybe they really should just do a generic HD remaster.

An HD version of a PS1 game, especially that early of one, would look like complete shit. FFVII has aged horribly. It's easily and by far the ugliest Final Fantasy game out there right now (not counting the shitty mobile remakes) all the others have aged much better.

I meant a remaster in the vein of biohazard for Gamecube. Keep everything except the graphics identical.

The trailer is implying that they're going to change all of this shit.

I really hope that they wont change the battle system and keep it as original as possible. Hoping Square Enix not to fuck this up because a lot of people would be dissapointed for such high expectations.

I agree on the combat system -- it needs to stay the same. A few tweaks here and there might be acceptable, but if it turns into the system they're using today for FF games, I'm probably going to pass.

I actually think the combat system needs significant change. I loved it in 1997, but not sure it would hold up today. I think preserving the spirit of the system with materia and limit breaks but applying it to a real-time action system (kinda like KH) would be cool.

If they going to keep the combat system, at least make it like FFX combat system and materia allocation

FFT becomes a joke towards the end as soon as you get the op guy (cant remember his name) and xenogears first disc is a masterpiece.. the second disc is literally just reading a fucking book to you

You can practically break FFT in like 2 hours in if you know what you're doing.

Make Ramza a ninja with monk's martial arts ability. Learn teleport for added stupid. Stack every item possible that gives physical attack damage.

He will instagib nearly everything in the entire game from that point on, has enormous move range, and gets tons of turns.

Back