Final Fantasy VII PC Hi Res Patch for v1.02

When I had FF7 for pc I couldn't figure out how to turn on hadware mode on my 9800pro, 640/480 with 6x Adaptive AA would be fine with me

I rather play on 1280x1024 with 4xAA with high poly character model replacements :)

I would play the PS version if I wanted low res.

Fuck, I used to have both. I have a link for the newer models patch but I have to go through my saved bookmarks. I was looking for the 1280x1024 patch too a while back ago. I'm so mad I can't find it. I'm on break for work, if I remember tonight i'll try to find it. You can PM to remind me in case I forget.

damn this is maing me want to play ff7 where can I find the gru32.dll. I have the chocobo patch, the 1.4 xp patch, and the 2 patches posted above what order do I install them

I remember that guy was working on it on some forum. Cant remember where. I never downloaded it otherwise I would upload it for ya.

I found it

http://ff7-universe.com/

click download on the left, scroll down until you find the FUN STUFF section and its right there HIGH RESOLUTION patch haven't tried it yet but it says make sure to have the 1.02 patch installed before you apply the patch.

Thanks a bunch rcf. I was on that site the other day, but they had the patch linked offsite. The webmaster must have uploaded it just recently.

Anyway my search is over. Thanks a lot!

synergyo1 said:
Thanks a bunch rcf. I was on that site the other day, but they had the patch linked offsite. The webmaster must have uploaded it just recently.

Anyway my search is over. Thanks a lot!

No prob

ff7hirespc.jpg

No more jaggies! Thanks again!

How did you get it to work. I got the 1.02 patch and it plays, but when i try to install the high res patch when i start it up I immediately get an error saying it encountered a problem.

Hmmm....now I gotta play some FF7. Thanks a lot. I've never played the PC version though, me thinks I'll give it a try.

I cant get any of the Movies to work..... the game just stops where the first movie should be...

When I go to "Watch" the movies from the CD, only one works... everyting else is just sound.

I don't know why but i can't get this patch to work. I have the 1.02 patch installed, and then both of the patches that came in the high res package but when i go to open FF7 I get a flash of black and then its back to my desktop, any ideas? I have an nvidia geforce go 7600 so i don't know whether i should pick the TNT or the Riva128. If i install the windows XP patch the game will atleast load (not in high res though, just the standard 640x480... and the menus look crappy, and none of the backgrounds show up in the game, its just the actual rendered objects that show up...

Any help would really be appreciated cause i love ff7 and have been looking for a way to crank up the resolution for well over a year now! i can't believe one actually exists :D

Has anyone got this patch to work? I have a 7900GT and the game crashes after I install these patches.

I finally got the patch to take, and can now run FF7 in High rez. I also found a character model updater. It updates the blocky field models to higher quality models, here are some screen of it in action, very cool.

ffvii2after2yu2.jpg

ffvii1after2yu6.jpg

sample05aa2.jpg

9ec5a028kf2.jpg

Hey Draxx where did you get the high poly model pack? I can only find one for Cloud only.

Back