Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

Anyone with a Wii been playing this? It's a sequel to FFIV with slightly touched-up 2-D graphics, but a solid old-school feel. Those of you who've enjoyed this game in the past will love it!

It's a Wiiware that's downloaded and played in segments (different tales for each of the classic characters). The main game and 4 optional tales are out at the moment, but the remaining 3 tales + final part won't be out for a month or so.

Played through the initial game. Started on Rydia's tale. Need to get back to it! Its a lot of old school fun with some nice enhancements.

Love FFIV (II? IV? lol) waaaaaay back in the day. New release cost me like 80 bucks for my shiny new Snes.
I remember being in high school, and being so happy that we were taking mid-terms so I could come home from school early and play it. Aaaahhhh....those were the days. Played it again a few years ago (along with Lunar 1 and 2 again for SCD) and loved it just as much.

I first heard about this sequel, and my jaw hit the floor. I am buying a Wii for this alone. Hope it's good.

Does Square do anything but re-release Final Fantasy games?

Nope. Not buying FF4 again.

Ah. More sequels. yay.

Sequels that usually have nothing to do with the previous generations other then some trademarked quirks and monster/item names? I'm guessing crying about anything that's popular is whats good on the internet these days.

Go play Last Remnant or Infinite Undiscovery and see how you feel about non sequel Square Enix RPGs.

Sorry. I didn't realize the sequel to Final Fantasy 4 is Final Fantasy 4.

Yep its a sequel that takes place about 17 years after the end of the first game. Same world, new story. New characters as well as the veterans. There's a lot of recurring themes from the original, but its still a great retro experience.

Let us fanboys have our fun! Is this ever going to be released on any other platforms? Don't want to buy a Wii for this game alone.

Let us fanboys have our fun! Is this ever going to be released on any other platforms? Don't want to buy a Wii for this game alone.

I think it was originally designed for mobile phones, exclusive to Japan :D. In short, you'll probably be out of luck as far as I know.

this will likely be skipped by me due to the fact I still have to finish about a million RPG's/

Back