Final Fantasy 1 & 2 are coming to the iPhone

I'm guessing he means android can run emulators to play FF1 through 6, but phones have been able to do that for a long time now.

I'm guessing he means android can run emulators to play FF1 through 6, but phones have been able to do that for a long time now.

I am pretty sure the Droid could run 7, 8 and 9 too if a PSX emulator was available or rooted in somehow. This is going to hurt Sony even more, not only have they lost FF exclusivity to the Xbox but now smart phones that will directly compete with the PSP and PS Classics downloads.

I am pretty sure the Droid could run 7, 8 and 9 too if a PSX emulator was available or rooted in somehow. This is going to hurt Sony even more, not only have they lost FF exclusivity to the Xbox but now smart phones that will directly compete with the PSP and PS Classics downloads.

I don't think Sony is too worried about there current stuff. The real question is how will this Impact/change future handhelds like DS2 or PSP2.

Wow the droid owners sure are full of themselves. This thread, and my thread regarding FF1&2 coming to the iphone (in mobile phones) was crapped on by droid owners bragging about how they can play these titles using emulators.

Of course they failed to comprehend that these releases of FF have updated graphics and controls.

The REAL question is WHEN? I personally LOVED FF2, and can't wait to play this game again, especially on the iPhone.

The REAL question is WHEN? I personally LOVED FF2, and can't wait to play this game again, especially on the iPhone.

I think this is the NES ff2 not FF4 (us FF2), in which case it is the worst Final fantasy hands down.

Wow the droid owners sure are full of themselves. This thread, and my thread regarding FF1&2 coming to the iphone (in mobile phones) was crapped on by droid owners bragging about how they can play these titles using emulators.

Of course they failed to comprehend that these releases of FF have updated graphics and controls.

Not everyone wants updated graphics. Not to mention wussification of game difficulty. Ever played the GBA remake of FF1? What a pushover.

And yeah products like the droid are going to produce smugitis just like the iphone has been for years. Sucks for all those iphone pimps to get a taste of their own medicine huh? (not pointing at you, just commenting)

*sigh*

Why can't we live in a peaceful world with iPhone users and Android users. I love my iPhone, but I wouldn't mind an Android phone.

I have the PSP version of FF1, kind of a big meh. 99 percent of the time you're on your way to an objective which means tons and tons of random encounters.

Then when you finally get to the objective (after like 30 minutes of random encounters), it only lasts 5 minutes at most. Then it's another 30 minute plow back to town. Rinse and repeat

Isn't that the same for every FF game though? :)

I think this is the NES ff2 not FF4 (us FF2), in which case it is the worst Final fantasy hands down.

The slashdot article mentions Cecil though, so I thought FF4 (us FF2). Maybe they were mistaken?

I have the PSP version of FF1, kind of a big meh. 99 percent of the time you're on your way to an objective which means tons and tons of random encounters.

Then when you finally get to the objective (after like 30 minutes of random encounters), it only lasts 5 minutes at most. Then it's another 30 minute plow back to town. Rinse and repeat

I take it you weren't around when the original game was popular? :p

Nope. What made it popular back then?

Originality, not much else like it at the time. Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Warrior where the first RPG's for most of us.

In todays standard not good games but for those who started with the classics still like the classics. I can sit though and play Final Fantasy 1 and enjoy it every time.

FF1 was pretty hard at the time, too. You could pretty easily create a situation where your save left you with no chance to succeed.
That said, I preferred the Phantasy Star and Dragon Warrior games. FF1 had a lot of tedious stuff even for those days.

Originality, not much else like it at the time. Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Warrior where the first RPG's for most of us.

In todays standard not good games but for those who started with the classics still like the classics. I can sit though and play Final Fantasy 1 and enjoy it every time.

@Tyler - ^^what he said.

FF1 was pretty hard at the time, too. You could pretty easily create a situation where your save left you with no chance to succeed.
That said, I preferred the Phantasy Star and Dragon Warrior games. FF1 had a lot of tedious stuff even for those days.

Yeah but grinding (at least in console video games) was new and exciting back then :p ;)

Admittedly, by today's standards, FF1 is pretty crap. Not just the game itself, but the interface is horrible. Anyone else remember taping down the button to buy 99 heal potions?

Still, for a lot of us older guys, it's a mix of nostalgia and pride. I liked the GBA remake of FF1 from a graphics, sound, and playability perspective, but the utter lack of difficulty left me feeling empty.

Back