Fill-Port info (Danger Den)

M a d c o w

Limp Gawd
Hi Everyone ...

Fill Port info ....

I just re-build a whole new Gaming rig. through the years i never installed a Fill-Port.
So i decided to install one see if it's an advantage for me. Base on my SIG below i have the Corsair 800D. I drilled the whole 1" per DangerDen instruction. I notice when I tried to fill it with the coolant and not even half of teaspoon went in the resorvoir. The way I did it I attached a 90' degree plug n cool fitting. Hmm ... was it suppose to be a straight fitting or doesn't matter. So anyone has the experience on these pls schime in. Im thinking do a straight fitting and see how that goes ...

Thanks in advance

well from what i understand a fill port is a replacement for a res.

Is the fill port above the res?

I am not sure what your exact problem is but, water always flows down hill and the air in the lines needs to escape to allow the water in.

You might have to do some twisting and turning to get the water to displace all of the air.

I am not sure what your exact problem is but, water always flows down hill and the air in the lines needs to escape to allow the water in.

You might have to do some twisting and turning to get the water to displace all of the air.

Ill give this one a try ..

Yep, use them on all my rigs (and this one, I even have a drain port down below). I've never used a 90 degree fitting on them before, but I'm betting you just have to tip it around to get some kind of air pocket to bubble up. I have a fill port res on mine to make it a bit faster (and to have some extra fluid in the system to allow for the small amount of evap going on).

I had the same issue, a bubble forms in the tube and blocks the flow. I had some very small stiff tubing lying around (like 1/4od" ice maker tubing) and just stuck that down in the tube when I filled it, it gave the air somewhere to go. No issues after that. Almost need to mod a air vent into the res that can be closed off after filling.

Back