Fill Port In Top Radiator?

babelmh13

Limp Gawd
Planning to use my tube res to fill my loop primarily. But I'm considering adding another fillport at the highest point in my loop just to completely top it off, which would me my 360 radiator. Anyone doing this and could you maybe post a pic? Id place a small amount of tube in one of the ports in red and just route it like an inch away through the top of my case with a cap. Blue would be my loop coming down.Wondering if its worth doing and if i should do the same with my bottom rad as a drain port.

21dtGrC.jpg

basically, I would have a bleed port up top like a lot of people. but has anyone filled their loop through the top rad to top of the water in the system at all? does it find its way through the coils easily enough?

Yes, use the highest port as bleed & fill from res. It'll save you a ton of time compared to bleeding with just the res.

Remember you can only have one thing open to air at a time though. Either the reservoir fill port or the radiator bleed port. If you have both open at the same time, the water will overflow out of the reservoir port.

Remember you can only have one thing open to air at a time though. Either the reservoir fill port or the radiator bleed port. If you have both open at the same time, the water will overflow out of the reservoir port.

haha yeah dont want that. Im going to start a build log for it. just for the hell of it

Are you by any chance using the D5 Photon res/pump? If you are, it's totally worth it to go with your idea because those Photons are a bitch to fill, even if you tilt the the chassis so one side is raised, it still gets airlocked if you go too quickly.

Back