Fill and Bleed

foolio

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
139
Hey all building my 3rd wc setup and its the first time I am going to actually be running an inline setup either without a res or without a fill and bleed set up (swiftech) so my question is what does everyone use? I have read people using a t spliter with about 3 inches of tube and a funnel, but what do you use to cap the tube?

I was thinking it would be great if there was a lever based attatchment that you could put on the fill tube that blocks the passage, but I have not been able to find anything like that on any of the wc sites, and cant run a google on it cause I have no idea what those things are called. Any ideas on this?

EDIT:

I was looking on Home Depot and found something similar to what I was trying to describe

640345_4.jpg


except I want plastic like this
PHLC-03.jpg

and it turns out what I am looking for is called a ball valve. Hmm gonna have to hit up home depot and see if I get lucky :)

other than this what is the method you use to fill and bleed?
 
Hmm I know lots of you are using a inline set up how do you fill and bleed your stuff?
 
fill = funnel and T

To stop it up, i saw someone on the gallery using a marble in their T line... I thought it was a cool idea, and there are some badass looking marbles ;P

I run a res now, though.
 
side.jpg


ph33r the battery :D

if I can pick up some threaded barbs (might actually go to HD later) id put something like that in, esp since I already have one lying around. theyre kind of huge though.
 
Originally posted by kronchev
side.jpg


ph33r the battery :D

if I can pick up some threaded barbs (might actually go to HD later) id put something like that in, esp since I already have one lying around. theyre kind of huge though.

izzat an l20? Looks pretty compact, i might need to look into it.. :D
 
Originally posted by diredesire
izzat an l20? Looks pretty compact, i might need to look into it.. :D

yeh it is. the things freaking TINY, i heard it was small but I had no idea.
 
Originally posted by kronchev
yeh it is. the things freaking TINY, i heard it was small but I had no idea.

Impressive, i heard it has similar performance to the L30 in a wc loop

And yes, with a res you dont need a fill T, each way has it's benefits i think. If i had to choose one way or the other i would probably go with a T, unless i had the option of a custom Res.
 
Back
Top