Filing and leak testing

Light1984

Gawd
I searched but didn't find an answer. Last time I did a fill and leak test was with my swifttech pump which uses a 12v molex connector and has a rpm adjustment on the back via a rheostat. How do you fill and bleed these new (new to me, lol) pwm pumps if you won't have a pwm signal from your board because you would just be jumping the 24 pin to have power?

Well, if you feed it 12v it'll just run full speed. You fill as much as you can, run it until it's almost empty (don't let it suck in air), fill it back up, run it more, fill back up, run more, etc until the loop is full and reservoir is at the level you want it.

Yeah, like ready4dis said. You just get or make a molex \ sata to 4pin pin fan adapter and ignore the pwm.

I searched but didn't find an answer. Last time I did a fill and leak test was with my swifttech pump which uses a 12v molex connector and has a rpm adjustment on the back via a rheostat. How do you fill and bleed these new (new to me, lol) pwm pumps if you won't have a pwm signal from your board because you would just be jumping the 24 pin to have power?

PWM fans/pump actually run at full speed 24/7. The PWM signal is what changes their speed, so in the absence of a PWM signal, the pump runs at 100%.

Thus for filling, ya don't do anything differently.

Back