Fileplanet or Fileshack

laserdemon

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, I've searched the net and found good and bad about both, but I am going to subscribe to one. I am leaning toward fileplanet, but I wanted the opinion of the ever wise [H]orde before I made my decision.

TIA

Fileplanet often has exclusive content like closed betas for their members, whereas Fileshack has nothing as far as I know. I'd go with Fileplanet for the benefits.

If you have Comcast you get a free Founder's subscription to Fileplanet. Oh yeah, and it's the better option.

i have subscriptions for both, FilePlanet gives betas and a lot of exclusives and access to IGN, but Fileshack is growing their product and i get 100 times better download speeds for Fileshack then FilePlanet.

Free founders account with fileplanet FTW! :D

If you are subscribed, FP is king. If not, Filefront has you covered.

Mac[X-D];1032869051 said:
i have subscriptions for both, FilePlanet gives betas and a lot of exclusives and access to IGN, but Fileshack is growing their product and i get 100 times better download speeds for Fileshack then FilePlanet.

What speeds you get with Fileshack?

Mac[X-D];1032869051 said:

Really? Because I usual get at least 1MBps on FP as a subscriber.

Should have done a poll.

It would be alot more organized and easier.

+1 for Fileplanet though. I love it.

Participating in closed beta's is always a plus.
(My favorite was last years Crysis MP closed Beta)

Glad I get Fileplanet for free through Comcast. lol guess there's a perk to having their 8mbit internet connection speed.

but yeah, i was able to get RA3, AoC beta codes, etc.

pretty sweet.

I like fileshack, less bullshit and ads. But since I get fileplanet/ign for free from comcast, I use them. I have also heard a couple bad experiences with the paid service from fileshack.

Also filefront is pretty shitty. Uploading takes forever, only uses 25-50% of my upload if I'm lucky and downloading is also slow.

If you are a site like fileshack/planet/front etc and can't provide me a 1MB/s sustained download speed than you can fuck off.

Go with the Shack. They have been around forever (shacknews.com), are reliable and gamer-oriented. The Shack isnt a huge corporate bullshitfest like planet/gamespy, and they dont try to bleed you for betas like fileplanet. I cant stand using fileplanet. Bleh.

the shack rocks.. but as for paying for downloading stuff.. um no thx, bad enough i have to pay $50 to comcast!

Fileshack works great for me...although I can't compare to fileplanet since I never used it.

I say stop being newbs and use gamershell.com, free to use, no login no passwords, no accounts just click what you want and select your server, they have 1000mbit servers with no caps, so you can jump on and get incredible speeds from them, we had a bonded adsl 8mbit x 4 box built at work and used their servers for testing and was pulling close to 3mb/sec download speeds :D

Really? Because I usual get at least 1MBps on FP as a subscriber.

i know its weird i can get 1MBps out of FileShack no problem but FP its never consistent it will range from 20KB to 500 or so, i tried using their dl center app, using their max speed server picking the server myself, its just never good for me and i can't explain why, i emailed them a couple years ago and their answer was basicly was happens in btween them and me is out of their control which is true but i get super fast speeds every where else but them, but i still pay because i like the things and access i get.

I say stop being newbs and use gamershell.com, free to use, no login no passwords, no accounts just click what you want and select your server, they have 1000mbit servers with no caps, so you can jump on and get incredible speeds from them, we had a bonded adsl 8mbit x 4 box built at work and used their servers for testing and was pulling close to 3mb/sec download speeds :D

i think you ment 100MBits because i see no 1000MBits servers listed and the best speed i could get was 300KB i think i will stick with my newb 1MB from FileShack :)

I was never able to get higher than 800KB from gamershell, and even then it all depended on how many were downloading and what the item was. Still, it's a good site if one doesn't wish to pay.

But yup, I'll stick to FP so I can actually utilize close to 2MBps (1.8MBps is close enough). Why not when it's free?

Should have done a poll.

It would be alot more organized and easier.

+1 for Fileplanet though. I love it.

Participating in closed beta's is always a plus.
(My favorite was last years Crysis MP closed Beta)

Remind me, how did you get your FP account? Wait, were you the one that used this kid's FP account to buy another year using his Creee.....oh shap.

FP FTW!

Back