File-Sharers Buy 30% More Music Than Non-P2P Peers

It's something that is completely true and also completely ignored. It's been said for a long long time that pirates buy as much if not more than their non computer savvy counterparts.

I just think it's unreasonable to charge more than $5 for a move or cd. It's simply not worth $20-25.

And why the fuck is it illegal for me to take the movies I have and copy them to my hard drive so I don't have to deal with the discs? Why do they offer a digital version with your BR version, but it's shitty quality and I can rip the BR for better, but have that be illegal?

It's ridiculous. If you buy a movie, you should be able to obtain it in any format you choose.

Maybe your taste in music is just getting better. Though, you'd stop liking their old stuff too, if that were the case :p

Interesting thought. It would also agree with the theory that you will always love whatever you grow up hearing.

the album about 90% of singer/studio puts out has only 1 or so good song that you'll listen to for years to come, and probably one or two more that you'll listen to week at most rest of them are just there to fill up the CD. most of the music i bought is instrumental since other music is just waste of money. no wonder everyone goes to iTunes for it since you get one you like for 1/10th of the price.

It's something that is completely true and also completely ignored. It's been said for a long long time that pirates buy as much if not more than their non computer savvy counterparts.

Most pirates are FAR from computer savvy these days. I cant even count how many people i know with android phones and the "free song download" apps. Most of them dont even know they are pirating the music.

People buying digital music make up less than a third of all music sales.
I suppose, I haven't read those stats, but I'm sure CD sales are trending down and digital sales are trending up, so sales of digital music will eventually surpass CDs.

I suppose, I haven't read those stats, but I'm sure CD sales are trending down and digital sales are trending up, so sales of digital music will eventually surpass CDs.
And when that time comes the statistics will show negative sales.

Back