File server backup?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

Guest
I'm to the point where I need to back up my file server. Just wondering what some inexpensive solutions would be to back up about 3tb. I am using a controller card with 4 drives right now. I've never done any sort of a backup in the past.
 
Does all 3tb need to be backed up? Or can it be specific files/folders?
 
buy 3 1tb drives, plug them in, transfer copy files over, done. Store drives in a safe area or leave them in your system.
 
Does all 3tb need to be backed up? Or can it be specific files/folders?

Yes.

buy 3 1tb drives, plug them in, transfer copy files over, done. Store drives in a safe area or leave them in your system.


This is what I was thinking, go with an external solution then just unplug or turn them off.
 
why not get a NAS, maybe with some redundancy built in? 3 seperate drive equals 3 points of failure. plus you have to manage what goes to each drive.
 
Get a NAS and some backup software that will let you do mirroring (initial replication and then delta change backups)

This saves you the labor of manually replicating additions or changes yourself or having to copy the entire volume each time you want to back up.
 
Is this for your home or office? If it's for your office, more disk is not a backup solution. If it's for your home, disk works but I'm always leary of disk for backups.
 
Back
Top